Elttob Reclass — flow between instance types

So, will Reclass Classic be made free, like it used to be? Or will you keep selling an inferior product for more money than its software update brother?

It’d be discretionary rather than guaranteed, yes.

1 Like

I can do that. I’ll open source it afterwards if that’d be useful.

2 Likes

How is this different from swap? Swap does the same thing but faster and better, and with a better UI

Edit: Swap is also free.

1 Like

Huh? It isn’t the same thing beyond having a search box. Swap uses a totally different suggestion mechanism and doesn’t implement any of the extended functionality this plugin does.

I’ve no problem if people have their preferences… but it’s objectively a different feature set. I’m confused.

(and that’s not even to mention some people above said they liked this UI… again, it’s preferences.)

5 Likes

I think frankly you should be outlining a minimum guaranteed support period for all your plugins going forward given your size and all the confusion that’s taking place at the moment in this topic.

It would also outline some of the pledges you’ve made with allowing people to choose a different plugin if a plugin is discontinued shortly after launch.

e.g. if you decide to discontinue all support for a plugin before the minimum guaranteed date, they could then choose a different plugin

1 Like

nice plugin, a bit of a shame it’s a different product, but makes sense considering the obvious amount of effort put into it, and the old one the majority of people obtained for free, so putting effort into giving that one a facelift would go without profit

1 Like

Reclass classic is now free on the Creator Store. Thanks again for the feedback.

2 Likes

It does get in the way sometimes… :sweat_smile:

But other than this, it is a very well-made plugin! How on earth did you make all the icons animated, by the way?

(edit): Undoing still doesn’t work. :cry:

1 Like

I’m currently tracking an undo bug that might be causing your issue. Are you seeing any red text in the output?

And if it’s getting in the way too much, you can refine what things 3D View will appear for in Settings. Perhaps I can also limit its visibility when you’re doing things like movements and scaling :slight_smile:

1 Like

He hand animates all of them with scripting, he stated this somewhere for relight (i hope the settings for it come out soon!)

I see. His massive patience must have made it look like the icons were made with a program that costs 10-50 dollars, or even better, a subscription

I wish I had that patience!

1 Like

Do you have any plans to update the old plugin with the bug fixes mentioned in the video (instance references and undoing)? I understand this is a new plugin, but I don’t think it’s fair to previous users who can’t afford (or just don’t need the extra functionality/UX of the new plugin), to have to deal with known, potentially problematic bugs.

1 Like

I plan to grandfather in all paying users of Reclass classic to Elttob Reclass instead of backporting code to the older framework. This should ensure that everyone gets what they paid for without an interruption to service, while still allowing the two plugins to coexist side by side for stability.

1 Like

Does paying users of Reclass classic include people who got it for free initially?

Unfortunately not - proof of purchase will be required.

Does this include users who bought the plugin when they were worth robux? Or only USD?

Can you add the option to allow the old instance’s name to remain, as well as the “texture” and “image” properties to be interchangeable?

1 Like

um https://youtu.be/gEYUItdGM70

yeah, i dont know what happened here, converted to folder and then poof :frowning:

How will you verify the purchases? A simple screenshot from the creator page that signals you own it?