Elttob Reclass — flow between instance types

Thanks for the feedback - it’s been a lot of work for sure.

1 Like

Amazing! I love the extra detail and just everything you add to make these plugins feel super powerful and stand out from everything else! I love that I can just pin the menu up here and use it whenever I need.

1 Like

That’s an excellent use case - thanks for sharing it!

tbh i think this one is just a money grab

1 Like

sad that the update doesn’t transfer to the older version of reclass, the older version costs more and is just disappointing that there’s a worse version of reclass but for a higher price.

That wasn’t the problem I had. I thought it wasn’t clear what exactly you were paying for.

1 Like

But is it a version? Or is it a new product, with the same name?

If you buy a RTX 2080, then after a year NVIDIA releases the RTX 3080 (newer & faster), will you get that new card for free? They both have the same purpose after all.

However, the new product was a new investment of R&D with lessons from the old card. It resulted in a completely new upgraded product.

It’s generally common sense that you won’t get that new product automatically. You will get free minor updates though, through drivers.

If you’re used to this mindset for products already, then how much different is elttob’s decision to release a new-built product as a new product?

Or, just a thought, does the criticism in this thread have to do with the barrier to USD purchases? Is it that people can’t pay with a card and are therefore disappointed because they don’t get a free upgrade? (-> access anywhere)

3 Likes

how did u made the instant typing feature? wasnt explorer suppose to select instance when u click a keyboard after u select something

1 Like

It may or may not depend on a very specific nuance of how widgets steal focus when they are shown :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

a riddle!1! you have to give me a hint :pray:

by widget stealing focus
do you mean that when widget is enabled it steals the focus?
so you just disabling and then enabling the widget again to steal focus??

Pretty sure that it’s coming to reclass classic after if there are no bugs, sorta like a paid early access, judging from what Elttob said. Still pretty vague if that’s what he meant, so don’t take my word for it until it’s outright stated by him.

That isn’t what I said - I’ll have a video out next week which will outline exactly what’s happening with all the classic plugins and how people are being reimbursed for them. All of the classic code bases are frozen though - they will not be seeing any more engineering investment.

2 Likes

So none of the bugs in classic will be fixed?

2 Likes

Nothing will be done to classic at all. Whatever bugs and features it has today, it’ll have until EOL.

1 Like

Well uhhh, is this not the exact definition of EOL? Since it’s a product that is no longer maintained or supported? What do you define EOL as? When you take it offsale?

2 Likes

I use EOL to mean end of supported lifespan. Right now, I still offer support to users actively, and they’re still eligible for all of the warranties and benefits that come along with using Elttob Suite stuff.

Reclass classic has been supported for almost five years at this point, and I intend to extend this support until Elttob Reclass is shown to be stable in practice.

1 Like

What does supported stand for in this case, on-sale? Because in your last post I’m pretty sure you announced the end of updates for Reclassic.

I’m quite confused because doesn’t this message mark the end of support for Reclassic?

In-fact, doesn’t this mark the end of support for all the classic plugins in the Elttob suite?

2 Likes

Support in this case means customer service, including social media support and email support (which I’m surprised I get from young people, but hey), security incident response e.g. patching critical vulnerabilities (this would bypass the code freeze), service availability guarantees (including availability of web services used by plugins as part of operation and sale on storefronts) and eligibility for warranties and protections such as Last Minute. Effectively, everything that is required to keep the plugin online with normal functioning and with all standard product guarantees.

I will have a video out next week detailing the whole process.

1 Like

You effectively said the plugin is not EOL because it still works from my understanding. Isn’t an EOL product defined as not recieving updates? Would you just ignore emails about an old product if it’s EOL then?

1 Like