Enable private modules on group games if owned by a developer

I use private modules in a group game I develop for which allows me to update smaller things, without updating the entire game, which could be in an unstable state or unfinished. Whenever private modules finally got removed, I assumed I’d have to give my modules to the group owner because they had stopped loading, but the module still didn’t load after the group owner had the module.

I’m pretty sure to load private modules in group games, they have to be uploaded to the group itself. This would work, however we have two groups, a developer group (so we can test, and beta test without potentially messing up the main game) and the main group. Whenever we upload the developer version to the main version, the module requires would get reset if we had to have two different versions for each group. We could implement a PlaceId check, however if we ever had to move places we’d have to change all the place id’s again.

It would be nice to be able to load private modules owned either by the group, the group owner or a person in the group with game edit access.

If not people with game edit access, I do feel private modules owned by the group owner should be able to be required in group games.

19 Likes

This is still needed. I own a group which has a place under it and I am unable to require any modules made by me outside of the group without having to re-upload the same module to the group.

1 Like