Enough is enough!

HELLO. I AM REALLY UPSET BECAUSE OF STUDIO BEING BUGGED AS HELL AGAIN.
i tried running this simple script but NOTHING works. and no, it aint my fault.

5 Likes

Have you tired printing? Add in a print to see if it runs when you call it.

2 Likes

i tried like you see on the image.

1 Like

what type of script is this? Is it a local script or a normal script with local script as run context? If it’s a normal local script then it won’t run since it seems like the script is not parented to the player or character. You could fix it by using the run context text feature which allows local scripts to run even if they aren’t parented to the player but it will run for everyone, or you could use proximity prompt service and parent the script to the player

1 Like

i tried it with local and srver script and nothing worked. and of course i removed the localplayer in the serverscript

1 Like

Can you tell us what “PROMPT” is? I’m guessing a proximityprompt.

1 Like

If “PROMPT” is a proximityprompt then why the

.value.PromptShown

2 Likes

How tf do you even know its studio’s fault?

Again, how can you be so sure that its not your fault?

2 Likes

Roblox Studio does not really bug that much especially in scripting and even if it does I expect for them to fix it pretty fast making what he’s saying pretty unbelievable. Plus I don’t think that studio would bug over such an easy code and the code he gave to me (I’m not good at scripting) does not really make sense.

1 Like

Yep definitely i also had enough with these ridiculous studio glitches

2 Likes

It is an object value. And the value of it is approximately prompt

1 Like

To answer your question… Because roblox is a sinkhole of bugs, lag, Ridiculous moderation and free models

1 Like

So it is a Proximity Prompt right? why are you puttting.Value.PromptShown
I don’t know of any inbuilt functions or properties such as value for proximity prompt

1 Like

I already explained that it also does not work if you directly say Script parent prompt.

1 Like

Can you message me since you are not accepting messages

1 Like

I don’t think you have explained that but even if you have. You are saying that proximity prompt is of the same hierarchy as the script and saying script.parent won’t work then how will .Vaue.Prompt shown connected to a function work?

1 Like

Whatever you try, you will not be able to fire a function on the prompt shown event.

1 Like

provide the entire context, what script is this? (Server or Local) Where is it located? What is prompt?

2 Likes

No matter what you try, you will not be able to fire an function on the prompt show event.

1 Like

Giving a solution to avoid breaking the rules :
First try disabling RequiresLineOfSight :

prompt.RequiresLineOfSight = false

Second of all it has to be PROMPT.PromptShown
Third this has to be a local script
NOW i want to add : please stop posting on the devforum you are a complete troll and you’re wasting people’s time by making them trying to help you

1 Like