[EOL] PreloadService - Customizable way to load assets via ContentProvider [v2]

Hi! It’s me again after so long, I’m here to report a bug that seems to be going on at least for me since 4 days all suddenly, for some reason, the preloading stopped working, it still loads till workspace, but as soon as it tries to load the workspace, it stays stuck on the workspace and the bar goes at the max progress even though the workspace is the asset 3 of 15 as shown in the image, i tried waiting for around 12 minutes and it keeps loading the workspace, no errors or anything, it prints everything as normal, but again, this issue has appeared for me around 4 days ago, i was using an outdated version of the PS module, and tried changing it to the last one, but it still happens, do you have an idea of what is causing this?

Are you on PS Blue or stable? If you’re in blue, it should say on the panel.

Stable, the one you get from this post (i think)

1 Like

I’m assuming everything is just stock. Roblox may have changed something backendwise that didn’t exist when the lady v2 release was published. Try reinstalling one more time, and then I’ll fix it tomorrow if it persists. Or, you could apply for Blue and see if the issue exists there. Not having any issues while loading custom assets (~12/player)

1 Like

Yeah, just reinstalled it and tried again, it still happens, I guess I will wait tomorrow to see if you could find the issue, if not, then I will try the Blue version

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. Is this happening in a live game or Studio? ContentProvider likes to die in Studio and yield the code, hence why the admin panel is not useable.

1 Like

In both, tried it in both the player and studio and both seem to be stuck on the workspace part

1 Like

Yeah. Right now, the PreloadService module is pretty much a Frankenstein version of like 20 patches and a few other projects, which is where the inspiration came from. It should just work, not have to have crappy patches all the time, so expect a rescript very soon in 3.0. @Crcoli737 did a good job cleaning it up and making it more performant, but it needs to be completely reset at this ping, because a new issue corps up every few months out of nowhere.

2 Likes

Alright, sounds fair, I will disable it till 3.0 gets released then, thank you for answring btw

1 Like

As I said, I’ll look into your issue in the morning, hopefully it shouldn’t be a huge issue.

1 Like

Also since you said you are gonna rescript it at some point, do you think you could make it for 3.0 to load assets via Server sided? I basically have to load and unload large maps for some events too frequently, it would help a lot to be able to also use it in SS scripts

Sounds fair, I will wait tomorrow then, hopefully it isn’t anything too complex, I would prob try the blue version if the issue isn’t fixed, just to be sure I guess

1 Like

Yes, this is also in my todo list.

1 Like

Cool, thank you for your patience :slight_smile: gonna wait tomorrow for the answer to this headache then, thank you, once again

1 Like

Yeah, if I’m using a product I hope for the best support I can get for free, so I offer it to anybody who uses my stuff. As I said, I’ll look into it and get back to you/

1 Like

Hm, seems to be working for me.

This is the code I used:

local PS = require(game.ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("PreloadService"))

PS.Load("Game", "Default", nil)

warn("COMPLETE")

Version 2.3.1.2 Released!

What’s new?

• Minor bug fixes (errors in the console)

News on v3

Blue v3 Build 2 was put in testing last week.

If you would like it, please sign up!

Besides that, this was a very simple update - to get rid of the errors. Thank you, expect v3 hopefully soon!

1 Like

Yeah, just tested it and its still happening…I guess I will wait for v3.0 or using Blue, ty anyways :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hey everybody,

Once again, sorry for the extreme lack of updates here, or in general communication.

I’ve been focusing on more personal stuff and distancing more and more from Roblox. The platform has become boring and extremely dry, after my 7 or so years on the entire site. I have scrapped a few of the extreme wishlist features such as widgets for now, but my motivation is still pretty low.

I haven’t worked on this in a bit, but I assure everybody what v3 will eventually happen, probably by the end of summer depending on how I’m doing and how often I work on it.

Thanks again.

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

Thought I’d leave another update. v2 is breaking more and more, and also looks pretty bad at this point. I’m also aware of other things, such as custom UI not working, performance issues, random crashes and errors, and general UI/UX issues.

All of these have been patched in version 3. There will be a few more betas while I iron out the issues in it. Besides that, v3 should be ready by the end of July at latest.

I’m going to be pinning this to the top of tthe post for now to let everybody know about all of the issues present in v2. v2 will not be getting another patch or feature update until v3 is ready, which I will put a migration guide up for when the time comes.

Thank you for your continued support while I work on patching bugs and adding new features to make v3 the best release possible.

3 Likes