EOTech XPS2 Holographic Weapon Sight - Game Ready Asset

I made this XPS2 for a friends project and i’m quite happy with how it turned out. I’d love some feedback and hear your thoughts about it.

Progress:

Final Model:

5.5K Triangles
Modeled in Blender
Textured in Substance Painter

Total Time: 3.5 hours | 2 hours on modeling, 1.5 hours on texturing

19 Likes

I think you took an order from Activision Blizzard for the game Call Of Duty.:smirk:

3 Likes

Why, thank you :grin:
I’m glad you like it

3 Likes

This is god tier modeling , did you work in big projects by any chance? If not, front page games are missing a champion.
I can’t believe the dedication, the effort.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the opportunity to work on a big project yet, but I hope it will happen some time in the future

3 Likes

Everything looks very good! Thats an amazing level of details.

Although I think you should reduce the number of triangles because 5k is a bit too much, maybe my PC is weak but I dont think that much triangles should be in a small object like this. Just remenber that the while character model SAS in CS2 is only 16k.

4 Likes

Your weapon sight is very realistic and detailed. Great job! :+1: :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you, i really appreciate the feedback :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, honestly, tri count doesn’t really matter these days (game-wise) since we have powerful pcs that can compute way more information. Other factors such as lighting, scripts etc. affect the games performance more.

1 Like

Tri count does matter. Optimize your models when you can.

2 Likes

The model looks excellent with it looking so real and detailed. You should make more of these!

1 Like

I am not saying it is not important, it is important, but the importance of this may also vary depending on the engine you will use the asset on. For some engines you can have way above 60,000 triangles per asset and the game would still run well (Which isn’t uncommon in modern games), while another engine can cause poor performance at 10,000 triangles

However if we’re talking about the ROBLOX engine here, you are kind of right but i believe that’s going to change soon.

1 Like