Error 403 on ALL accounts just for being banned on one account

So, my brother got banned on his account. But now I’m unable to join any roblox games until his ban is over (he plays roblox on my device). I know this is the case because this is happened several times in the past before aswell, where my stupid brother gets banned (for good reasons I am so mad at him right now) and because of him I can’t play since I get this error.

Screenshot 2024-07-05 212356

I don’t think roblox intends for this to happen though, unless they truly wish to ban me on all accounts just for that singular account on my device. If they do, I don’t think they stated this anywhere in the community guidelines.

I’m pretty sure this is a bug but I’m not allowed to file bug reports, if someone could on my behalf that’d be great.

12 Likes

sounds like an IP ban. If what you’re brother is doing something real bad thats probably the result.
I doubt its a bug and believe this is on purpose

7 Likes

you have to delete your roblox settings file and it should let you play on your account again

4 Likes

Open the roblox windows app directly and log out of his account on their first, then try again.

6 Likes

What did he do, like other person said, this sounds like an ip ban.

(Or did he insert ultimate trolling gui into an experience he made?)

4 Likes

Well, it wasn’t as bad as I make it sound. He got banned for blackmailing but the stuff he said was just… not something a 10 yr old should be saying. But I mean compared to the stuff people say nowadays I guess it was light-hearted.

3 Likes

It’s not an IP ban though, because I can play on my accounts on my other trash PC. And it’s the normal “Banned for 1 day” Screen. And also this has happened each time anyone of us have been banned. Me or him. I don’t think it’s intended because roblox has never mentioned in the guidelines that they’d do something like this.

2 Likes

To play on my own account I just had to log into the roblox app with my account details, every account is still logged in but it’s working fine. But I don’t really wanna have to use the app or delete any of my data. That’s a thing that we shouldn’t even have to do.

If it was truly an “IP ban” like the other guy said, I wouldn’t even be able to get on the website. Let alone still play games on the roblox app.

1 Like

Basically, the roblox player app is still logged into your account, so when you try to play from another account it errors because the game gets messed up since you are supposed to be banned, yet are somehow launching the roblox player. Pretty sure you had to log out or reinstall it. (not sure this is 100% the reason so correct me if im wrong)

2 Likes

Then your account is fine. Clear your Roblox install’s cached data, log out of your account on the app, and log back in. Should fix it, but this error is impossible to replicate elsewhere. No guarantee this works.

1 Like

It wasn’t logged into it originally, I just logged into my roblox account through the app now and it allows me to play games. But what I’m saying is that I shouldn’t have to do any of this because its a bug on roblox’s side, I’m very doubtful that this is intended behaviour.

By the way he isn’t a dev lol, he’s 10 years old.

He probably learnt to say this stuff off youtube which is weird, when I was a kid back then youtube was alot more uncensored I was influenced alot by the youtubers on the platform. Yet, i’m somehow alot better than I would’ve been if I didn’t watch those youtubers. I guess it may be due to the youtubers we had and how good they were.

But I’d atleast expect my brother to be clean as he grew up watching youtube between 2019-2024 youtube was alot more censored. But somehow he is saying this messed up stuff even though he shouldn’t even know it exists.

roblox will not launch if a banned account played on. to make it launch again you have to reinstall roblox or wait out the ban

He got unbanned now and guess what, the error stopped popping up. But it’s still a bug, and it shouldn’t be happening. I find it very unlikely this is intended behaviour, as it is nowhere mentioned by roblox.

Do you have any VPS/proxy applications on your system? And are you on a carrier-grade NAT? (e.g. mobile network)

it is intended behavior. roblox made it to prevent people from ban evading

1 Like

yes, this is intended and NOT AN ERROR OR BUG!

this is something really cool called an ip ban or hardware ban, where it bans you on ALL accounts connected to your ip or hardware ID.

and no, roblox is NOT going to make a workaround for this, and nor will any other game because people who deserve the ban will most likely find a loophole!

its kind of like if your brother created a file on your computer and leaves, that file will still be on the computer when you use it!

i would also recommend searching something up before posting about it, as there are 100’s of articles on this topic.

just let your brother play on the trash pc, he clearly doesn’t deserve anything better

this isnt a hardware id ban or a ip ban. it just puts some text in your roblox settings file saying “this user is supposed to be banned until x time”. you can workaround it by reinstalling roblox. hardware id and ip bans are harder to workaround

ohhh! that’s good to know but also… odd on roblox’s part?

i wonder why roblox still does that as i’ve never seen any other game company implement that, and since it also has such an easy workaround.