Error 403 on ALL accounts just for being banned on one account

Nope, everything is normal. The error stopped after he got unbanned.

Could you please link me a source if there is any?

Well, I did search error 403 for other topics and most of them said different things. I guess its because the error is quite random? Not sure.

But I don’t think its a hardware ID or IP ban because I literally was able to play games on the roblox app whilst my brother was banned on the same device. All accounts were still logged in, I doubt roblox would just let me get away with that. I didn’t even have to use any VPNs.

Dude he’s the little brother, he gets what he wants. I’m the middle…

1 Like

i dont have a source, it’s all just my findings. the error code started to appear sometime when byfron was being rolled out so it’s my best guess on the error.

It was probably something for exploiters, not regular bans.

Error 403 is pretty self-explanatory?

It literally means “The server understood the request, but will not fulfill it, if it was correct.”, it also say’s “An error was encountered during authentication. Please try again”, it’s pretty much explains itself-- and if you also had the knowledge of your brother getting banned, I feel like this should’ve been pretty easy to figure out?

This isn’t just meant for exploiters, it’s meant to make it not so easy to just create a new account and start playing again.

After more research I’ve figured out it’s not a IP ban nor an HWID ban, It’s something called an user ban-- and that’s why its so easy to bypass; since Windows (which I’m guessing your on) doesn’t have User Id’s for each individual user, it all has to happen on your computer, so the best Byfron can really do is make a file saying “Hey, ban this guy until -date-.” This could’ve all been avoided if your brother and you created separate users, which I’m surprised you haven’t done yet., You can find a tutorial on how to do so here.

I would also appreciate it if you marked this as the solution so others don’t get confused / have an easier time finding this topic in the future :upside_down_face:.

1 Like

[this is a reply to the guy talking about UTG at the start of the thread]

The horrors…This happened to me a few years ago, and I got instantly banned after INSERTING the model. Didn’t even have to save the game.

Ban note mentioned UTG, too.

If they can detect UTG like that, why can’t they take it off the toolbox?

Worst part is, it was’t even a temporary ban. Permanent account deletion.

Also the UTG wasn’t a model I purposefully inserted; it was inside another model, good job roblox :+1:

1 Like

I will mark this as the solution if you can provide a source showing that it is a user id ban. Because right now I have no idea who to believe as many people have told me different things.

If one of your accounts is banned, all of your other accounts can’t join games. Basically just a temp IP ban which is mostly easy to get around.

When an account is deleted, this occurs on all accounts. This is NOT an IP ban.

It’s not an actual IP ban, just that Roblox doesn’t let you play on an alt if one of your other accounts is banned.

people are so quick to say this is an IP ban or ban evasion prevention that its actually scary to see how fast misinformation spreads

this isn’t an IP ban, its just an odd quirk of the roblox engine that appears when you (a banned account) try to launch roblox (usually on an unbanned account)
you can fix it by either reinstalling roblox or just clearing cache

this is an observable behavior, and a predictable one too

Easiest way is just to delete LocalStorage:
C:\Users\YOURWINDOWSUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Roblox

After deleting it, try joining with different account.

2 Likes

Tell your brother if he does that again he won’t be able to play Roblox ever again and that the police will come for him lol.

2 Likes

But he’s not that stupid local player. He knows what clients are like you, cuz he tried to learn scripting once but gave up at the point of functions. Like around 3-4 years ago, he gave up in the first week or something. He’s 10 years old but hes smart for a 10 yr old.

I appreciate your help but like I said earlier the problem is not that I don’t know how to fix it. The problem is that its a bug, I already fixed it by just going on the roblox app even when all accounts were logged in and by the time he got unbanned the error just stopped appearing on the website.

I can’t file bug reports because i’m not in the group so i’m just hoping that someone files on my behalf because it’s very annoying since I know my bro will keep getting banned I don’t wanna have to play on the app or do anything with my files.

Different people are saying different things, thats its an IP ban or ban prevention i’m not sure. The only explanation to me is that its unintended behaviour and therefore a bug because I’ve not seen roblox mention this anywhere. Surely, they would atleast make an announcement about this.

This error has occured for a few years ongoing now whenever my brother has been banned on my device, however I was not a devforum member back then and wasn’t a programmer either. Now that I am and my brother got banned once more it came back to my mind.

So you are saying this is a malfunction? Or not?

Okay but where is all this information coming from? Has roblox actually said this anywhere? Until I see that roblox or the team has actually stated they will do this I’m going to assume it’s a bug as that’s the likely reason.

it could be, but considering it hasnt been patched it might be intended behaviour, nevertheless it is NOT an IP ban and you are NOT being system banned for “ban evasion” like some other people were saying