Error Code 268 Happening For No Reason At All "You have been kicked due to unexpected Client Behavior" Why does this happen?

Starting yesterday I was just going on about my day playing games then suddenly this error code just started appearing whenever I tried to play, saying “You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior” in every single game I tried to play.

I did some research as to why this could be the case, some results said that people who had script executors used for exploits like krnl downloaded on their computer had it flagged by Roblox or something so they were just hit with this error code.

However I don’t have exploits of any kind on my computer, so I did some further research. I found videos to try and “fix” the problem and this involved running commands on your computer to flush your DNS cache or run ipconfig commands, I tried them all and none of them worked.

After some further experimenting I realized that this error bug happened on every single device I tried to play Roblox on, so I tracked down the problem and it was my WIFI for some apparent reason, I confirmed this by playing with a VPN and it worked fine.

Weirdly enough, I couldn’t just join games, there were also stuff on the website that just didn’t work. I tried to make a Roblox support ticket regarding this issue but it kept saying “too many attempts” despite it being my first attempt. I then used a VPN and tried again and surely enough it just worked like a charm.

I did some further more research and I found comments from other players who were under this bug and they said such like “Roblox doesn’t trust your internet for a certain period of time, the real solution is to just wait it out, maybe an minutes, to an hour to maybe a whole day”

And surely enough the solution worked flawlessly, I waited an hour and it just stopped. However today after a couple hours of playing the bug just appeared again for no apparent reason so now here I am making this post.

However Roblox support has replied to me saying that their team is actively working on the issue which is good, however I didn’t make this post just to ask for a solution to solve it.

I made this post because I want answers. Why does this bug even exist? How does it even happen? Whenever there is a bug there is always a cause and effect relationship, but I don’t know what it is considering it seemingly just comes out of nowhere.

Granted the problem definitely has to do with Roblox and your specific Wifi but why does it do this? What causes Roblox to envelop this weird relationship with your IP address and punishing it with an error for a certain time period?

PS: Before you say the problem is with my Wifi, my Wifi is perfectly fine.
After trying to join a game today with the error 268 bug I ended up getting another error that isn’t error 268 which caught me by surprise

TLDR; Error code 268 happening to me permanently for a certain period of time for no reason whenever I try to play any game and I’m not an exploiter. It acts as a strange sort of punishment towards your IP. Why does this happen?

5 Likes

I have the same issue like 3 weeks already. It’s a big problem

3 Likes

If you live with people that play Roblox, chances are they’re exploiting. Have you checked?