Error Code: 529

This has been happening to me for this entire day, and it’s really annoying.

Things I’ve tried to fix it:

• Disconnecting & reconnecting to internet
  • Restarting laptop
  • Reinstalling Roblox
  • Joining other games
  • Switching accounts (Not Roblox accounts, I mean the computer accounts, but I have tried different Roblox accounts too.)
  • Searching this on google

I also found out that this error only happens on my laptop, it works on my other devices.

why

Does anyone know how to fix? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I also checked status.roblox.com, it seems fine.

1 Like

I am having the same problem, I can’t even play with my phone

2 Likes

Nevermind, it seems that it works now and I can join games now.

Hm, I’m still experiencing this exact same issue. Did you do anything afterward that allowed you to join games/edit team create games?

1 Like

This has also been going on for me aswell for a couple of hours now, still occurring. Literally any game I join, the error appears almost instantly without any delays. Do let me know if you get it working as I’m curious to see if it gets resolved.

I swear Roblox always has some server issues…

1 Like

Same, this has been going on since last night for me. Roblox staff seem not aware of this issue because they haven’t made a comment on this or made a quick fix yet.

2 Likes

Little update to this entire thing.

Seems like Roblox Studio is also affected by this and I’ve noticed many complaining about it. This may be related to the Studio issue. Apparently developers are unable to open their places as they are greeted with this error.

The issue was reported here 3 hours ago. Studio won't open my game - #9 by DARKPRO230

In conclusion, Roblox is the issue here.

@acuaro @CapColton

I may have located the source of the problems.

There’s an API endpoint that the Roblox client reaches out to in order to connect to a game server, which is gamejoin.roblox.com .

Well, heading to that endpoint returns this:

Ah, still kinda weird Roblox hasn’t addressed this at all. Also, why doesn’t it affect everyone?

1 Like

It seems that Roblox has server pools, so when we reach out to Roblox endpoints they forward our connection to the best server for us for that purpose.

My guess is that one of the servers that we are being redirected to for game joining is improperly configured and leads to an error, others that aren’t getting this error are being forwarded to working ones.

1 Like

This same issue was reported last night as well; Immediate failure upon trying to join any team create session

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.