Error: 'Slow down, too many requests from this IP address'

As I was reading this post I opened the devforum in another tab and got this error :fearful:

3 Likes

I can confirm this too.
I’m getting web page errors, HTTP 403 errors when trying to post a reply, and sometimes “Slow down, too many requests from this IP address” as well.

Edit; I was literally gonna report the bug here, but then I saw a bunch of posts about it.

This bug needs to be investigated immediately; I can no longer flag any rule violating posts because of this:

LOL When I tried to get to this topic, I got the error page. How ironic.

I confirm.

The last few days I have been getting this error while searching for information on the forum.
You have to look for information on third-party resources.

Browser - Chrome

This has been happening to me a lot recently too. The only reason I saw this topic was because I was going to make my own.

This issue is getting worse from the time I posted on this thread. I was prevented from going on the devforum after a few hours of inactivity with this error.

3 Likes

Also occurring on Firefox.

This doesn’t appear to be an issue with IPs at all- using a VPN briefly to test if it would allow me to check DevForum, this didn’t work.
Also not a requests issue, because I… haven’t been on DevForum since yesterday (Nov 13) before I began to get the error, nor was my computer even on?

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Quick fix: Completely close out of your browser and reopen it.

3 Likes

Here my topic on it is again, It’s still an issue, and I got the IP error today, just now.

2 Likes

I just got this exact problem a few minutes ago, and it’s too frequent. I’ve only visited the DevForum only 2 times today and still got the “Slow down, too many requests from this IP address” error. Inspecting says the site returns a 429 Too Many Requests error.

2 Likes

This is now probably universal to all OSes and browsers.
We’ve seen this happening on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Affecting iOS, OSX, and Windows.

It’s safe to assume this is a universal, Roblox-side bug.

2 Likes

This is happening to me too, I have to wait for hours to get on dev forum. I can’t use VPN to bypass it and it blocked every device in my home network.

I just experienced this and found this thread about it. Ironically, it wouldn’t let me access this thread for the past hour due to the error message.

1 Like

Nov 15: This is still occurring.

It’s not an IP problem. Completely close out of your browser then reopen it again.

It happens on my phone and other devices too so I think it’s not the browser problem

November 15. I keep getting the error, using Windows 11 (Edge Browser) and iOS 15.1 (DiscourseHub App), getting errors 429/504.

I started reproducing it on November 11 around 1:00 p.m. PDT.

And yes, it gets tedious, because just typing characters in the search box, or reading 10-15 posts crashes for about 2 minutes and it works again.

I hope the problem will be fixed ASAP, thanks

I left the DevForum tab open and went away with no activity…

When I tried to navigate tho, it came with this error.

It could be a auto-refresh spamming the api, not sure.

1 Like

November 18.

I readed several topics on the forum, and I did not experienced this error. I could mark as fixed, in my case.

1 Like

Nope, it’s still in many other forms.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/no-permission-to-view-resource/1557803