Errors 400 & 403 | Cannot Configure Offsale Group UGC Accessories

Description
For the past few days, certain groups have been unable to configure their offsale UGC accessories. As a result, this makes it impossible to put UGC accessories onsale, as the toggle is no longer available. When looking at network, two errors, 400 (get-asset-details) and 403 (icons?universeIds=), are returned. It is worth noting that the group’s icon fails to load on the affected page and two different universeIds are returned during error. I am unsure why two different universeIds are returned, but it may be that it is retrieving the wrong id and therefore not allowing configuration permission.

Reproduction
Constantly

1. Find an affected group (seemingly only certain groups)
  2. Upload a UGC accessory to group
  3. Navigate to creator dashboard
  4. Attempt to configure UGC accessory
  5. Observe that the page fails to load correctly

Actual Behavior
The configure page of offsale accessories published to affected groups will not load. The behavior occurs for all users with permission to configure group UGC, and therefore does not appear to be user-specific. Example of affected group.

Expected Behavior
Configuration page for UGC items published to groups should be unimpacted by the item’s sale status.

Browser Information
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Platform Type: PC
Device Type: Computer

Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/creations/catalog/13813621382/configure

25 Likes

I can reproduce it. I am not a UGC creator (I don’t know if it influences anything), but in my group the same thing happens. :persevere:

:x: Off-sale item

:shopping: In-sale item

5 Likes

There is also a stemming issue when trying to change/save the name of the Item as well as the description. It will say “Hat updated” but will not change.

5 Likes

I have had this issue as well for over a week now. It’s causing a significant delay in my uploads. Any updates on this?

Group was made recently too.

Affected group

5 Likes

I was able to reproduce this issue, and noticed that you are able to access the configure page once an item is put on-sale.

It looks like this may just be a front-end issue? I was able to make an API request with this endpoint: https://itemconfiguration.roblox.com/v1/assets/${ITEM_ID}/release and successfully put my item on-sale. After that, it let me access the page.

1 Like

Hey I am also having an issue of putting offsale ugc onsale and configuring it, I thought it was a group problem so I tried putting an item offsale and onsale I had in another group, however now I can’t even configure the item :confused:

Have you found a solution?

When will we get a stable creator page? Why does stuff that already works get replaced completely with stuff that is buggy? First it was the price being maximum of 0, now its this. Either way, does someone have a way to upload with description and all using API? Would be great.

2 Likes

How exactly do i use this? I still get an error when i replace the ITEM_ID with my item.

1 Like

It’s been a month, this still doesn’t work. Why can’t we edit our UGC items through our groups?

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue at the moment. What a shame for Roblox, they didn’t manage to fix a vital bug for months

1 Like

Hello I’m writing this for the people who are facing with this problem. Even though me and my friend didn’t manage to put it our UGC on sale, an uploader who is is in the UGC program manage to do that (we are not in the program). So if you are facing with that issue you should try to fix this with an uploader

2 Likes

If you want to configure your Group UGC items it needs to already be public, therefore you can use the console. I found the way to use this and here’s how it works:

Use CTRL + SHIFT + I (Inspect Element)

Console:

Don’t paste any code here unless you know what it does, make sure to check code before using.

Paste the following code here, and replace the text PRICE and YOURASSETID

$.ajax({ url: "https://itemconfiguration.roblox.com/v1/assets/YOURASSETID/release", headers:{'Content-Type':'application/json'},method: "POST", contentType: "application/json", data: JSON.stringify({
"priceConfiguration":{
"priceInRobux":PRICE},
"saleStatus":"OnSale",
"releaseConfiguration":{
"saleAvailabilityLocations":[
]}})});

After pasting this, you should be able to configure the item now that it’s published.

Thanks for the report! Just to confirm, we have a ticket filed in our internal database for this issue.

I believe the issue may already be resolved. I cannot confirm this for myself, as I do not create UGC, but it has been resolved for the person who alerted me of the issue. I am unsure if anyone else is still experiencing the issue.

1 Like

If this thread is still active, I just randomly had this issue occur where I am unable to configure the item as it cannot load and this only happened after I changed the item name