EventBlocks Devlog 2 | Making a visual scripting plugin in Roblox

Hello developers!
I continued working on my plugin called EventBlocks. It’s a visual scripting plugin, check out the first devlog if you haven’t seen it.
First, I switched the interface to a dark theme:

I’ve added some new events, and managed to make the lua translator!
(lua code is not fancy I know.)
Blocks:
Lua:

The next thing on the list are variables and conditions. It’s gonna be hard to make them, but I hope I can do it.
After I get them working, I’ll work on more blocks, Ideas are needed!.

If you want to be notified about the next devlog, say it in the replies and I’ll mention you in the next post so you get a notification.

Have a nice day!

11 Likes

Going well so far! I think you should make the variables like the scratch variable tab, where you can make variables in there then move them into the scripting space.

Excited to see more from this plugin :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much!
I’m currently making variables, it looks like this at the moment:

Do you want to be tagged when a new devlog comes out?

2 Likes

Looks great! Also I am already following you so I should get notifications every time a devlog is made.

1 Like

This is cool. While I’d probably never use this in a professional setting, this is a nice way to help beginners get into scripting. Keep up the good work

2 Likes

Do you have a link to the plugin, I’d love to use this since I’ve been wanting a plugin like this for a while, thank you!!

Hi!
As you can see, this is just a devlog, the plugin is not done yet. If you want to be notified about new devlogs and the release, tell me and I will tag you in the upcoming posts.

2 Likes

New devlog is out: :wink:

1 Like

How would you deal with services and unique functions?

For example, workspace would have different functions than a ScreenGui.

Good question! Well, now you could access workspace functions from a ScreenGui. I’m going to implement unique functions because they are necessary. But the next thing I’ll do is having unique functions on client side and server side. After that I’ll try to figure out unique functions based on the object your script is in.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hopefully this will get beginners to get better at scripting. Im not a big fan of visual scripting myself, but this looks really cool!

1 Like