EventBlocks Devlog 3 | Making a visual scripting plugin in Roblox

Hello fellow developers!
I’ve finally made variables for my visual scripting plugin, EventBlocks.
I’ve also added special values (ex.: ‘touching character’ is the character that the part is currently touching).
Here’s a little picture how it looks now:

With that done the only thing left are conditions but they are gonna be easy to add now.

—Important—

I want you (yes, you) to tell me what block ideas you have. (example: heal, damage, look towards part, anything)
I will try my best to add as many of them as I can.

The plugin can’t handle client-server stuff right now, I’m planning to add support for that too! Right now you can only make server scripts.

Tagged people: (tell in replies if you want to get tagged)
@BandaidKidd

Don’t ask when the plugin will be released, I have no exact date. Maybe next week or after that.

9 Likes

Are you able to edit an existing script as an EventBlock script? If not, you should add it as it’ll be very helpful!

1 Like

Sadly, that’s almost impossible to do. The scripts generated by EventBlocks are special.
You can only edit scripts generated by the plugin.

2 Likes

so in a way, this is like a way to script a game using the scratch visual scripting

3 Likes

I think you should add a sort of warning to the script for Team Create users. Here’s an example I made to clarify what I mean by this:

It would be helpful in preventing non-EventBlocks users from breaking the script.

The text I typed into the example warning if you just wanna copy paste that

–[[

Warning: This script was automatically generated using the EventBlocks plugin.

Any modification to this script using Roblox’s default scripting editor may result in a broken script in the EventBlocks editor.
Therefore, to edit this please use EventBlocks: (link)

]]

---- Do not modify anything below here. ----

2 Likes

Very good idea!
I’m going to add this. Thank you!

2 Likes

By the way, it doesn’t affect EventBlocks
if you change the script because it stores it’s blocks in a seperate object. But I’ll add this anyway!

2 Likes

Amazing idea! I think this will do very well and hopefully help many users!

2 Likes

Hey guys, the next devlog is out!
Make sure to check it out, it contains a video too :wink:

2 Likes