EventBlocks Devlog 4 | Making a visual scripting plugin in Roblox

This is brilliant! I’m waiting to test it in real!

1 Like

Three people have been added to the tag list. Thank you for showing some interest!

1 Like

Thx!
Yes, it’s mainly for small projects, but the goal is that you could make complex games with it too!

2 Likes

That was a good joke! :laughing:
Wait-
You don’t really mean it right?
Complex games like Bloxburg, Bedwars and Jailbreak?

2 Likes

Just check out some Scratch games before you think it is a joke :slight_smile:
We will see how far it can go in this platform.

Anyway, I see this project is one of the most original invention among Roblox Studio plugins.

1 Like

Super scratch Bros is the max tier. And compared to bloxburg, it’s like comparing a skateboard with a spaceship.

1 Like

Yes. This is not just for obbies and clicker games, but for complex games like Jailbreak, Adopt Me, Bedwars, etc. Of course there’s still a lot of work to do because it doesn’t event support client sided scripting yet.
Besided client scripting, it will support Datastores and RemoteEvents/Functions, and with these you can basically create any game you like!

1 Like

I prefer Minecraft in Scratch :slight_smile:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/50029544/

Anyway, we are talking about sg after some devlog posts, and that is great news!
Looking forward to see it’s working!

1 Like

At this point it’s just a distraction. LuaU codes in the representation of words is the best thing for complex roblox games. This will not be able to script sandboxes, and definitely a lot harder to achieve certain precise goals for good programmers.
Again, good plugin, but no good programmers will use it. Do whatever you want, at least kills time.

1 Like

Ah yes, but compared to Bloxburg and games like Ark Survival Evolved that is expected to appear soon, it’s going to be an impossible obstacle. (Saying this either makes y’all stop daydreaming or encourage you even more on making it to prove me wrong, so either way, it’s good.)

1 Like

But if there will be people who learn this instead of LuaU, they might find it easier to make their games with EventBlocks. Also, there are people who might be looking for some challenges, they can challenge themselves trying to create complicated games with visual scripting.
If you can understand LuaU, you don’t have to use this. But there are a LOT of people who find this easier that writing code.

2 Likes

I have to admit this is intelligent. I would definitely help you advertise it. From the day of publishing & advertising of the plugin, it would be revolutionary. At that point those who can actually code would be superior, by limiting those who cannot, stuck forever on using ONLY visible blocks. It would be too difficult for them to clutch after used to using easier versions. >:D Meaning the monopoly of the successful and the skilled would be again reinforced. Perfect solution to new devs who are potentially threatening competitors, now they’re gone, trapped by you. I’m not being ironic but THIS IS AWESOME.

3 Likes

Well, I didn’t mean that. I just wanted to give chance to the people who want to code but can’t understand it so they CAN catch up with real developers. I actually want more competetion in Roblox by making it possible to make more quality games by giving a chance to code for those who cannot. This plugin may stop many people from using free models, because they can just make their own. I don’t want to trap anyone :roll_eyes:

Anyways, advertising would be useful at any time.

2 Likes

Yes yes! You’re giving them the impression that they can do it! They’ll be able to create great games like chart obbies, racing, and decent mediocre games, and they’ll soon be used to it. Technically you will make creating small-medium games a lot easier, BUT, distracts new learning devs from actually using complex codes. What does that mean? It makes everyone’s lives easier, unless they aim for something complicated.

1 Like

That’s all! I don’t make it impossible to create complex games, they can make complex codes if they want to, it will just take some time.

2 Likes

Everyone can. If they learn. And it’s clear, normal coding costs more time, but would be way more convenient for top tier game programming. More time spent will result in better quality, as usual.

1 Like

They will not succeed if they aim higher than that. Something that is nearly impossible to be done with normal codes, will not be done with this. Indeed would cost them a lot of time, because for complex coding this would take way longer compared to normal programs. Of course, if you raise the difficulty and complexity of your plugin, it would be more likely for them to create bigger games, but then there’ll be no point on making this, if it’s as difficult.

1 Like

Hello everyone! The new devlog is out. It has a lot of new things waiting to be seen! Check it out :wink:

1 Like

Bought it to support its development!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! It means a lot!

2 Likes