EventBlocks Devlog 6 | Making a visual scripting plugin in Roblox

Every block has a value attached to them, where I store the next block. I simply find every block that is on top and loop trough the next blocks using recursion. Every block has a Lua meaning.

2 Likes

Could you perhaps share a code snippet / example?

I second this. If you were to open source this, we could see how this was made, It’d be cool.

1 Like

I won’t because it will cost Robux. But if you can understand my spaghetti code, you’re a certified pro scripter.

2 Likes

Of course!
Take this simple code:
It looks like this in Lua:
(ugly I know)

I’m going to ignore some stuff here.
Let’s take a look, what the ‘Touched by humanoid’ block translates to in Lua.
(it’s a string)
It checks if the part you attached the script to Touches. Checks if it’s a player. (I’ve just realized I should check if it’s a humanoid, nvm.)
And you can see a !//next// line, that always refers to the code of the next block, in this case the kill block. So when the blocks get translated, that !//next// will be replaced by the Lua code of the kill block.

2 Likes

I think he meant how it gets interpreted, as in the source. But this is cool.

I still won’t share source code haha. It won’t make sense, because it uses variables from all over the code. So even if I pasted it here, you won’t understand it.

1 Like

Are comments supported? I think you should add that!

3 Likes

Can I be tagged when it’s released? Thanks

1 Like

Very good idea! I’ve added that, you’ll see how it turned out in the next devlog.

2 Likes

New devlog is out! I’m sure you’ll like it :wink:

1 Like

I think that’s a really good idea to add a translate feature to allow many creators from all around the globe to use your plugin as I believe it can be very good for starters but if they do not understand English, it might be complicated for them, but with your translation system, it’ll make it way easier for them!

If by any means you need help with translations for the French language, hit me up!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Probably I will, it’s a pretty big language so it’s good to have. I’ll just use auto translate first, and then I’ll ask you to check if it’s correct!

1 Like