EventCode BETA | Code without coding!

Oh, yeah! I should add mesh support too :smiley:

3 Likes

In my opinion, people would find it a better use of their time learning how to learn the basic language of lua rather than be limited by block code.

9 Likes

Youā€™ve got a point. Maybe a beginner scripter could get something from this, or someone who has no interest in scripting but I will most likely never use this plugin. Either way, still looks(sounds) cool!

1 Like

Yeah, in my opinion, this is better for a younger audience that doesnā€™t quite understand code, but want to get into coding.

4 Likes

Yep! Because for a child itā€™s quite hard to understand how coding works. But maybe he/she wants to create interactive parts to his/her game.

Or a builder. Maybe he just wants to add a very simple door to the house. This plugin is good for everybody who donā€™t want or just canā€™t learn scripting.

2 Likes

Update!

Added timers! (delays) (new tutorial in the plugin)
Added Clone feature!

Model support coming soon!

I like it! Seems pretty interesting

1 Like

How this plugin work with NPC or AI? But is there any examples of the NPC that use this plugin?

I didnā€™t make NPC tutorial yet. But itā€™s coming as well as model support!

Really? I am 13 and can program in lua html (not technically a programming language but I still count it) css (again not a programming language but it is also used for web development) c# for unity and c++ for unreal engine plus some other random languages like Python and php.

In my opinion it is better for kids to learn how to program properly because once you learn one language the basics are transferable to any other programming language itā€™s just the core understanding you need ie if statements and while loops etc, the rest comes with time and a couple (sometimes many) times looking at documentation and code academy (how I learned c++ and Python)

5 Likes

Reminds me of Clickteam Fusion 2.5

2 Likes

Hello!

When I said child, I didnā€™t mean 13 year old teenagers. And btw, there are a lot of 13 year olds, who canā€™t understand code but want to do something. Thatā€™s you, maybe you can learn 7 programming languages but a lot of people canā€™t do that.
If somebody really wants to learn how to code then he/she can just learn it.

My opinion: I think itā€™s hard to understand code and a lot of people canā€™t understand it (this isnā€™t a problem at all). But if somebody who canā€™t understand code, but wants to make something interactive itā€™s easier to just click buttons and understand this type of ā€œcodingā€.

Bye.

3 Likes

This is a amazing plugin!

Good for people who canā€™t script, and just want to make a showcase game or something like that.

5 Likes

How does this actually work, it is operated by a button or proximity?

It can be operated by a button or a ā€œpressure plateā€.

Cool. I am so going to try this out in a game of mine.

Intresting where do i sign?
In all seriousness i will probably use this for my game!

1 Like

Exactly i understand this alot better than coding because its kinda like nodes in blender if you know what that is.

1 Like

If you want to use it! Feel free to do it!

Just install it and you are ready to go :wink:

1 Like

Way ahead of you! Also you should add how to make parts grow or shrink into the tutorials i imagine your pretty busy probably working on many tutorials to add to it but just a recommendation keep up the great work!
Happy developing!
Grow or shrink by like pressing a button and it slowly shrinks / grows

1 Like