Every part of the core gui shows except the players health (ONLY HAPPENS FOR SOME PLAYERS)

I recently released my new game and on day two of release i’ve been getting reports that players cant see their health bar or roblox’s default damage indicator overlay, this only happens to some players.
The only time I tamper with the core ui is when the player is in a cinematic but once the cinematic is complete the core ui enables, the odd thing about this problem is that every part of the core ui appears except health yet all of it should show, what is even stranger is that this glitch only happens with some players. Is this an engine bug?

I haven’t been able to experience the glitch myself but someone sent me a screenshot of what appeared in the dev console after they couldn’t see their healthbar

(just saying its the stock roblox health bar)

6 Likes

Has anything happened to the default health script? I disabled mine. I still see the health bar though. I’m actually interested in removing it!

1 Like

I have no clue because there are no errors and I haven’t been able to replicate the issue, like I said it only happens with some people

1 Like

Can you provide the script so that we can assist you further? If it only occurs for some players then it may be a latency/replication issue, and you may want to add “WaitForChild()” commands to allow for referenced instances to load before utilising them within the script.

1 Like

I would love to show you however I never mess with the players health bar, some players will literally join the game and everything loads except their health bar (I dont mess with core ui at all in the beginning of the game) and when i do its just a simple

(custscene starts)
StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, false)

(cutscene ends)
StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, true)

Hey, did you fix this issue? I am having the same issue right now, the game was working fine for weeks, and today suddenly its broken

Bro this is currently happening to me. Not just your game but all the games. I cant see my healthbar on jailbreak and other games. I have reinstalled roblox 2 times but it still isnt fixed. This is a bug.

1 Like

Exact same error happening to me too on my games randomly. Should make a ticket about it

Please do it. This is causing big problems. I cant tell if I low on health in games.

UPDATE UPDATE. Roblox support helped me fixed the issue, this was what their solution was.
Hello Ryan,

Thank you for your patience.

We recommend you to please ensure that all Roblox files in the AppData directory are removed. To do this:

1. Uninstall Roblox from your computer
  2. Open the Command Prompt. In Windows 10 you can open it by Start > All apps > Windows System > Command Prompt.
  3. Type in the following commands:
  • cd AppData\Local (then press enter)
  • rmdir /s Roblox (then press enter)
  • Enter “y” when asked to answer (then press enter)
  1. Restart your computer
  2. Reinstall Roblox
1 Like

This seems like a Roblox issue, consider adding a custom health gui until it gets fixed.

1 Like

Seems to have done the trick.

My assumption is an issue with a recent installation causing a small corruption for the default health and damage indicator.

Unfortunately not this one is on roblox, we just need to wait for them to fix it

This is bug. As of a few minutes ago, its been reported here.

2 Likes