Ewanophobia | Portfolio (Closed)

Ewanophobia | Programmer

About

Heya! My name is Ewan (formerly known as Cinema_Sin or pythonsbyte), I live in the south-west of the UK where I frequently display an interest in Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science. I originally joined Roblox back in 2014 where I joined under the alias of “emano1234567890” since then, my love for the platform has grown exponentially and I continue to interact with Roblox as it is my love and passion.

I would write a longer Portfolio however I believe most employers aren’t looking to read a wall of text, so I have adopted a shorter and more to the point Portfolio to simply not waste your time.

Work

Code

Frustum Culling

I made a Frustum Culling Client Script. If you don’t know what Frustum Culling is, then it’s just not rendering what is not on screen.

Source:

wait(.1)

local Camera = workspace.CurrentCamera
local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")
local Players = game:GetService("Players")
local Player = Players.LocalPlayer
local Character = Player.Character
local HumanoidRootPart = Character:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")
local Descendants = workspace:GetDescendants()
local MinDistance = 750

RunService.RenderStepped:Connect(function()
	for _, Part in pairs(Descendants) do
		if Part:IsA("BasePart") then
			if (Part.Position - HumanoidRootPart.Position).Magnitude > MinDistance then
				Part.Transparency = 1

local function isPartVisible(fromPoint, part)
					return part.CFrame:VectorToWorldSpace(part.Position):Dot(part.Position - fromPoint) < 0
				end

if isPartVisible(Camera.CFrame.Position, Part) then
					Part.Transparency = 1
				else
					Part.Transparency = 0
				end
			end
		end
	end
end)

CSG Destruction

D7IDKDvgHN GIF | Gfycat

Isometric Camera

Custom Smooth Camera System

Cool Waves

Note that this uses boatbombers GridCreator module however the mathematics is done mostly by myself (took some problem solving with a nice user called Mc_Thor2). This effect was applied by layering a Sine wave on a Cosine wave. This simple effect will eventually be transformed into Gerstner waves.

Articles

Ewan's Programming Tutorial - Basic Programming Knowledge

Motivation

I have a huge motivation for Programming, mainly stemming from my thirst for knowledge. You can expect frequent updates on the task I have been instructed to do. I am a diligent worker who has luckily inherited fantastic work ethics.

Payment

Payments are negotiable but I accept the following:

• per-asset,
  • hourly wages,
  • percentages only if I feel the game is popular enough for me to financially survive on.

Contact

You can contact me pretty much anywhere! My preferred methods of contact are the following:

• Discord (Ewanophobia#1814)
  • DevForum DMs
13 Likes

Hey Cinema! I can highly vouch for you!

I’ve been a friend of cinema and someone he’s worked with for a long time! Ewan is a very nice and respectful peron! He is also very talented. If you were having second thoughts on hiring him, I assure you that you should!

Good luck with your commissions. :wink:

1 Like

Are there any places you can list that would allow people to see some of the stuff you’ve made? For your scripts, can you upload gifs of your work, or some gifs of your UI in action? It sounds like you have a lot of talent, but right now your portfolio isn’t really showing anything to someone looking to confirm that talent, besides a couple references.

1 Like

The only works I have are private, but as time passes I’m looking to make open-source projects to be shared.

Edit: will add something.

Ewan is a really nice, genuine and down to earth guy that I’ve had the pleasure of knowing. You could probably consider him an early jack of all trades and you won’t regret getting to know him. He’s also dedicated to his craft, as I found out for myself during our first project for Man Face Studios.

100% vouch for Ewan!

2 Likes

As a colleague of his (Equinautical, SM Games, and Bloxxed Hotels) I can vouch for his cause. He’s experienced and dedicated to providing the highest quality content out there. Great guy with an irreplaceable work ethic.

I knew him even before we were colleagues, and he proved to never dissapoint.

Cinema is an amazing developer and cohesively works with his peers. I can vouch for his skill, and working alongside him has been great.

1 Like

Hello! I was thinking of hiring you. Do you use discord?

Yes I do, it’s at the top of my profile – just click the link!

Hi your discord user doesnt work

Can you add mine: dreaming#6503

I would love to work with you!