Excessive Memory

I’m working on a game and when I looked at the DevConsole, I saw that the Client Memory is 1300-1600 MB. I also saw that there is 300 MB of untracked memory. The thing is, the game only has like 5 scripts total. All of them are in ServerScriptService (One is in StarterCharacterScripts). The scripts are really basic too. Just a datastore script, sprint script, etc. Is untracked memory caused by other factors besides scripts? None of my scripts should be causing memory leaks. Furthermore, after testing the game on multiple old and crappy devices, I noticed the game runs smoothly on all of them. When I say I was using the DevConsole, I mean I was using it inside the actual game, not studio. I know studio uses a lot more memory.

So is the DevConsole just wrong or am I missing something? I don’t understand.

This is a known situation unfortunately:

2 Likes

Adding on to this your device can also affect how much client memory is being used, and sadly Roblox isn’t known for its optimized memory usage.

2 Likes

I would also like to add that I’ve personally noticed this sudden jump in memory usage once Hyperion was released, although I’m unaware if it’s directly related to this situation or an update released during that time period was the true cause

Edit: Further research supports this theory although do take this with a grain of salt since it’s not from an official Roblox representative:

@FractalVortex

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.