Expanded UI Elements for Roblox (Dropdowns, Sliders, etc)

And for people that… DONT want to spend time scripting a dropdown UI? It would just be easier if there were more options. I think everyone can agree most UI aspects are slightly outdated are rarely updated on roblox

4 Likes

You know it really doesn’t take long to make 1 component to use across all of your projects.

2 Likes

It would take even less time if Roblox would implement a dropdown feature as-well!

3 Likes

This would be insanely helpful, UI elements like these can be a pain when trying to make things work on all platforms perfectly.

2 Likes

roblox needs more love for it’s UI system!!!

2 Likes

Ye it sall be great an function in scrolling frames that not the size from objects bigger made when you change the canvas size

1 Like

that’s why there’s a section on the forum called community resources.
Plus, the whole toolbox.

1 Like

support, besides sliders and dropdowns are extremely easy to create

2 Likes

I truly don’t know why you are trying to be different and disagree. For people that dont know what devforum is and dont like toolbox?? It would just be easier if they had a dropdown option.

2 Likes

aint i free to express my opinion like you express yours ?

Plus, there’s a big number of ways you can do a dropdown or slider menu. If Roblox added a specific way to be used that limits the creativity for others to make it. Roblox used to be a platform where you would use a modular system to add elements but it dident scale well, that’s why they decided to not limit people to a certain way of making stuff but to fully let them use every single part of the resource.

An example for that is the Roblox CORE Backpack where you hold your items. Its not the best thing and now days most people try to get rid of it just to make their own inventory system.

That’s why i think that community sourced resources will be better than Roblox just handing you features. Cause lets be honest, when Roblox hands you a feature is not that easy to manipulate once its made.

Im still upset that i cant fully customize the player chat frame just because its really hard to disassemble it and then reassemble it in a custom manner basically remaking the whole thing with a ton of scripts.

2 Likes

What I would really love is one of those circle things like on proximityprompts. They are possible to make but hard.

Also, having actual circles instead of weird looking rounded corner things that are not very circular.

2 Likes
2 Likes

may as well just make your own game engine if this is your mentality…

2 Likes

i thought roblox’s job was supposed to make developing easier

1 Like

using an engine to create a component ≠ creating an entire game engine.

creating an official dropdown class doesn’t have a point since it’d be hard to fully customize it unless you have all the classes its made of. when creating your own component, you have the ability to do that. if it was a separate class, all you have is the properties of one element. the customization would be essentially up to roblox. just make your own component

NAH REALLY?? :exploding_head::exploding_head: I HAD NO IDEA!!

How do you know that? There are plenty of Roblox-created classes that are completely customizable. What would stop them from making it customizable???

??? This is just objectively wrong. A ScrollingFrame is a roblox class but we can still customize it completely.

1 Like

since a dropdown is a lot more niche than other classes, they’d have to add a bunch of properties for full customization

that’s because the only customization a scrollingframe needs is the cursor image, cursor size, and canvas data. if it was fully customizable, it wouldn’t have varying behavior depending on the device (and it does)

the only benefit this gives you is not having to make a button that changes the layout order of other buttons. it’s extremely simple to implement yourself

Yeah, they’d have to add more properties, which is what they do when they make a new class…???

this is also just not true. you can change all of the visual properties of a scrolling frame

1 Like

We need this so badly. I love the idea.

I would really appreciate this, Godot an open sourced game engine has all of these tools and more built in out or the box