Expanded UI Elements for Roblox (Dropdowns, Sliders, etc)

It would be wonderful if Roblox could offer a wider array of user interface elements, such as sliders, dropdown menus, and more. Other game engines like Godot already provide these features, and I strongly believe that incorporating them into Roblox as dedicated UI elements would have a profound impact on the platform !!

342 Likes

Definitely! We also need advanced scrolling for scrolling frames

77 Likes

I can’t agree more. Even if there’s already a developer who made a library that contain a lot more UI Elements, it could be cool if this was directly implemented in the studio itself!

Here’s the library I was talking about: Gui Components Library

It’s a really good library that has been made by @EgoMoose.

57 Likes

That would be an excellent idea to bring up to Roblox.

37 Likes

This is true a statement, Roblox should take a look at this and really think about it. I very much agree though.

35 Likes

Tbh this seems like a great idea. I hope roblox would implement this!

31 Likes

yeah i agree that would be cool!

25 Likes

I agree, it would make it so much easier for UI designers and devs in general!

23 Likes

The ui stuff could do with an overhaul, this would be a great addition.

24 Likes

super smart suggestion :smile: surprised this hasn’t been suggested already

it’s a pain for devs to design their own sliders, dropdowns etc - with scrolling frames already built in, it’d be awesome to see additions like these with the same amount of customization

18 Likes

this would be an awesome feature, especially for stuff like a settings menu.

18 Likes

I wonder if they will do the same for Billboardgui and Surfacegui, alongside the UI changes with the Screengui for the screen. Just improving the UI but adding new ones I see other engines using to their advantage. Roblox needs it. upvote haz3mn idea on this guys. His idea is great :+1:

15 Likes

I cannot agree more, those would open the gate to even more awesome UI

16 Likes

They neeeeeeeeed to do this, it would make it so much easier for the newer developers!

21 Likes

Yes! Scrolling frames scroll tol much with the mouse scroll wheel and it would be great if that could be adjusted

16 Likes

i’m not sure if this is needed. you can already implement these components yourself, and if roblox provided their own it wouldn’t fit into the ui of most games (even with styling options, it’s never fully customizable unless you make your own component)

these components aren’t too hard to make by yourself

14 Likes

although an official roblox component library would be nice! if instead of making the dropdowns / sliders a class, they made it a component in a library it’d allow developers to fork the code & change the base element itself.

12 Likes

Seriously. Roblox shouldve done this YEARS ago

12 Likes

Making ui on Roblox is a pain right now, we need this!

11 Likes

it’s honestly surprising how this hasn’t already been put in place

9 Likes