Experience Guidelines: Age Recommendations & Parental Controls

That is actually vary true. know one can go after roblox because the player lied.

4 Likes

It’s literally impossible for them to protect you once malware is on your machine.

5 Likes

I think this age recommendation is a really good feature that has been added to Roblox. Because there are a lot of games that younger players should not play. But now developers can just put their games on 13+ and won’t allow younger players to play them. I’m glad that this feature is out and will help a lot of younger people not to play some games that will hurt their feelings in real life.

6 Likes

To clarify, nothing ToS based has changed, and the only things you can age rate your games for is violence and gore, I doubt Roblox would take action on those overestimating their age rating but you probably shouldn’t be using this feature for anything but violence or gore.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone mentioned Windows Defender or McAfee? It isn’t Roblox’s responsibility to protect you from malware. You need to either resist the urge to click on the suspicious “free robux” link or download a better antivirus. They can’t do anything to stop you from clicking strange links, and there’s genuinely no way to get a virus through Roblox itself.

8 Likes

I was talking about violence. Because there are some games that have a lot of violence in them and it doesn’t have any roleplaying or winning points in them they just shoot and kill each other for no reason. That’s why I think these games should not be for younger players out there. It will change their attitudes to bad attitudes. But I don’t mind older players playing those games it’s their choice what game they want to play.

3 Likes

Even if it doesn’t include blood, what if the player can kill an animal? small children could imitate it or it does not matter?

There could be a category for violence as real or fantasy, since it is not the same to kill an animal or a person as an ogre, because the latter does not exist.

5 Likes

Roblox will probably use ID verification for that, like how they used to use it for voice chat.

This could be against the community standards under ‘animal cruelty’

Sorry, I thought you were talking about age-restricting your game ‘just because you can’

2 Likes

Some survival games include it, not at all graphic, but they exist.
And my question is more focused on whether it is real or fantasy violence.

2 Likes

Since Brookhaven contains guns and stuff, will it now be marked 13+?

1 Like

This doesn’t make sense, though. It technically contains violence according to the Questionare (I could be wrong).

1 Like

You can actually provide no physical harm to players with the guns (they deal no damage) so that (possibly?) doesn’t count as violence.

1 Like

I am pretty sure that they selected as suitable for everybody as you can role-play in-game as a staff in a specific location such as police, firefighter, etc. and simulate actions while interacting with gears that cause no harm to other Roblox players.

1 Like

Unfortunately there isn’t 17+ yet :eyes:

1 Like

Um, Roblox, why is Arsenal rated 9+ whilst it having guns that can kill people?

2 Likes

Ok first of all what you mentioned adult games as shouldn’t be on Roblox, the gore might be ok but definitely the the N.

3 Likes

We’ve been getting a lot of questions about how to answer specific questions or the accuracy of certain experience’s Guidelines. Rest assured we are reviewing Guidelines and will work with developers to correct any inaccurate information in their questionnaire submissions.

Thanks for reporting this, we will fix it.

Yes, our hope is to eventually support content for older audiences though for appropriateness we will need to ensure that only older users are able to access such content.

16 Likes

I think this is a great addition, because Roblox in my opinion needs more games geared for older player base, games that are more complex, have more things that you typically won’t see in a game geared to kids, games like say last of us, TombRaider, gta5 (minus clubs and all that all that). Milsims, fps games.

This Honestly excites me because my game idea that I have takes shadow of the TombRaider as inspiration. While I will be making it around Roblox.

2 Likes