Experience Guidelines: Age Recommendations & Parental Controls

Is the age-rating of let’s say Minecraft 13+ because of the PVP?

First of all, this is parental controls safety or players, second of all and now developers after rolling out verified badge, or they topics exits restricting for remove on your account for contracts of all ages update on the platform.

I’ve recommended for ages rating over 13 yrs old, i’ve might be work on update something would them did since under 13 yrs old this would make changes on most popular in games this would be fine.

This is a good update roblox as a step forward took a safety on account expanding for them people wrongfully things for access in game unlike they loses account for contracting roblox support same things about “Misrepresenting information”.

So much things on positive a lot of people in game most players will less of reducing for parental and they wanted everyone will safety that’s never would happen again definitely a good step for a while :+1:

Stay safe roblox and also which is very cool.

4 Likes

In my opinion it is a great function to improve the user experience inside and outside the Experiences, thanks for adding it, keep improving!

1 Like

Minecraft is rated E for everyone but when attempting to join multiplayer for the first time, they give this prompt:

(also Minecraft has recently implemented it’s own moderation team)

2 Likes

I could see ID verification (not just phone number) being a requirement for 16+ and 18+ games (or 17+) if they made it like that.

2 Likes

Players are unable to access my game even though it has been rated for all ages. Players with accounts marked 13+ are able to, but anyone with parental restrictions is not.

This is the game:

4 Likes

I’m all for this feature! Especially if it’s a precursor to 16+ games.

3 Likes

I believe a 17+ option was mentioned at RDC… Do you guys have a timeline of when this will be added?

7 Likes

I’ve been wanting this for a long time! Thanks Roblox.

2 Likes

Would using a simple sword and bow (with no blood or added effects) count as violence? It says “do not measure default character reset/death mechanics.”, would this fall under default character death mechanics??

1 Like

This seems like a solid update and I’d like to see the impact with parents, keep up the great work!

One question though, is there gonna be 1 other question on the questionnaire that’s about using strong language? I’ve seen the RDC and how they are allowing less restrictions for 13+ users, and I’d like to see that replicated for games too.

1 Like

This is a great update! I’m not going to say what I think about it because that would be basically just repeating what others said about it.

One bit of feedback I have though - the UI on the game page for the age guidelines is too distracting. While it’s good to get the point across, it still honestly looks terrible.

A good solution I think to this would be making it a little less distracting; removing the big box and making a mini-kinda version of it under the creator’s name. Still with a grey-ish background, but not as dark. And clickable for more information.

(this is just a concept, it could obviously be improved!)

But other than that, this update is pretty nice :cool:

11 Likes

One more thing; this is my opinion but I think the way the information is presented feels weird. First of all, instead of using “and” (Example: Mild and frequent) it uses a slash. (Another example: Mild/Frequent) Second of all, instead of clicking the button and opening window showing the reasons why it’s rated the age, it redirects you to a tab, and makes you find the age, just for it to tell you how games would be rated that age, instead of why the game you picked was rated that age, I know its presented on the button, overall, these are just my opinion.

1 Like

Was the age on your main account set to its proper age? If so could you tell me how to fix this issue on my main account as I have the same problem?

3 Likes

What!?!? This makes no sense. Accounts under 13 can only play popular games that got their guidelines verified!? That’s just ridiculous. When I made my Roblox account a few years ago, I set my birthday to March 2014 (not my real birthday, FYI.) because I didn’t think it would restrict anything, and I thought my mom would get mad if i put my real birthday. As I used the account more, I realized that it restricts stuff for under 13 accounts, but it’s too late now. All my data is on that account; game progress, experiences, etc. So can underaged accounts even play their own experiences they made if they don’t add guidelines to them? I may just be misreading this, but if I’m not, then this is absolutely crazy.

1 Like

Yeah, I tried once, and frankly failed. They said they depended on me to trust them and just set it correctly.

1 Like

Solutions

1. Do ID verification (which will instantly confirm your age)
  2. Contact Roblox Support and provide evidence that you are over 13

This isn’t Roblox’s fault at all. If they allowed <13 users to change their age, then parents would immediately blame Roblox for having poor control. I’m sorry, but I have little sympathy for people who make these mistakes. Roblox should not be held accountable. They are simply trying to protect their younger audience.

7 Likes

If I remember correctly, they’re actually required by law to not allow editing by you or even their staff team if your account age is set to <13, though I could be wrong.

3 Likes

This is sorta fair, but:

The button is grayed out on under 13 accounts, as shown below:

Oh actually, it’s not even there.

I tried, but not with evidence. Do you have any evidence I could show? Not sure if I’m comfortable sending over my birth certificate to this company over email.

Edit: I don’t have ID or driver’s license yet either.

5 Likes

You don’t get it. Theres no blood, and when you shoot someone they rag doll, not even falling into pieces. Just the mild violence of killing people.

2 Likes