Experience Guidelines: Age Recommendations & Parental Controls

that also goes if its roblox support required.

It’s like that because if an under 13 realizes they are more free as 13+, they’ll just set their birthdate

yeah but, its not so easy. most of roblox support they decline birth day changing, however if we could talk to staff then we may get our birthday changed.

What exactly does a 13+ game permit? There seems to be a blurred line between what’s allowed and what’s not allowed.

If blood and violence is allowed, for example (which it seems to be). What about topics of alcohol (bottles on the floor), or even cigarettes?

I’m pretty sure alcohol is an 18+ thing, being a drug, although I’m not 100% sure. I just remember that games typically substitute alcohol with a different drink that older users will understand represents alcohol.

As for cigarettes, the nicotine in cigarettes is also a drug, so technically they could be 18+?

2 Likes

Yeah upon further research, looks like the TOS are pretty on and off about gore and blood so I can see how it passes on 13+ games, however, alcohol and cigarettes are definitely not permitted regardless.

This update may be bad to those who have an incorrect age under 13

No, I’m pretty sure alcohol is usually Everyone 10+ on ESRB.

I personally think this is pretty much inaccurate for the All Ages & 9+. This is underdeveloped and doesn’t have features like Fantasy Violence or Cartoon Violence. Games like BedWars or other fighting games in a fantasy setting will have a high rating. However, games outside of Roblox like Fall Guys has cartoon violence, but it is mild but frequent, it is rated Everyone because it was treated as “Mild Cartoon Violence.” The 13+ level is definitely more accurate than any other.

My kid has the age restriction on their account. When searching for games, lots of games show that can not be played. Only playable games should be shown on age restricted accounts. Same thing would be nice for consoles, only show games that can actually be played. Might help developers reach the target market more effectively and improve the user experience.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.