Experience Questionnaire Update - Age Recommendation Preview

I do agree with this, its just a way to make money

3 Likes

Well, for the time being, experiences can’t have content intended for adults only, as that would be against the Terms and Conditions. This doesn’t mean that your experience can contain cuss words and so on.

1 Like

Another common roblox L. Not surprising.

1 Like

No word on that yet. We have to wait until some time in the future when this would be made clearer.

3 Likes

I have a good question!

Lootboxes are not allowed in Belgium, Korea and The Netherlands (where I’m from) because it costs money, but does it count if it’s free or costs in game coins or cash? Thank you -MattVSNNL

2 Likes

2023 Update: Hey developers! We launched Experience Guidelines in September 2022. Currently, Age Recommendations are visible to users and the Experience Questionnaire are available to all creators whose accounts are at least 30 days old to generate Guidelines for their experiences. We ask that you complete the questionnaire as soon as possible.

6 Likes

Pretty sure only lootboxes that can be purchased with robux in any way are not allowed in those countries. Thus lootboxes that cost in-game currencies are allowed unless those currencies can be purchased with robux. In that case it would still be considered a “paid random item” since someone could buy the in-game currency with robux to purchase the lootbox.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

I have a question.
If we add any feature in our experience like random paid items, but we disable it in its Non-Compliant Regions (Belgium, Netherlands…), will our experience be available in those countries?

2 Likes

Still a lot of gray area around this rule!

2 Likes

Does this count

Basically there will be random character that you could buy and every day it’s another, does that still count as gambling or nah?

2 Likes

About the violence section, Roblox should also ask if blood is toggleable.

5 Likes

Did you ever get an answer to this?

1 Like

No. I ended up erring on the side of “yes”, that way I would be covered from a safety perspective.

As long as you mark the violence as mild and infrequent (which would be accurate for my experiences), you are still appropriate for all ages.

4 Likes

Okay, thank you for the response!

1 Like

How would you draw a conclusion, between accidental or intentional in this scenario? Players could be at risk of being moderated, even when they forgot, or it was an accident, in some cases. That wouldn’t be very good.

3 Likes

This seems like a rather useless update right now. Perhaps if instead Roblox would also give us PEGI 16+, Mature (17+) or/and Restricted (18+).

In my opinion, together with ID verification, developers would be able to create great games on darker themes with fewer limitations. Roblox is extremely (sort of) safe space. We should have an ability to restrict our games to the older ID verified community and allow mild swearing (perhaps disabling chat filter altogether, which is in-fact completely possible right now with just a little bit of knowledge about Roblox’s Chat System), potentially offensive topics to create dark atmosphere for psychological horror games or criminal-themed games.

4 Likes

Here’s a photo of what an under age user’s parental settings look like. The option was set to 13+ by default.

2 Likes

@LateNightDiner Seems like I’ve found an issue.

I made an account to see what an under age person would see, and after changing my privacy settings the results were as expected, however, I am still prompted with the ability to pay for 13+ paid access games.

Though Deepwoken is 13+, I can still opt to pay for it regardless of my account settings.

This is what I see for non paid games, which is expected behavior.
Noticing now the image says “All Ages”, but it earlier said 13+ and I still don’t have access. Odd. Nonetheless it still reflects a 13+ only experience.

edit; this has been resolved

4 Likes

Yes, that’s where the PolicyAPI comes in: PolicyService:GetPolicyInfoForPlayerAsync (roblox.com)

1 Like

Any possible clarification on the violence definition? @LateNightDiner

3 Likes