Experience removed from search after making multiple quick updates

Reproduction Steps

Searching for the experience “SCP Tower Defense”, or any of the keywords does not display the experience in the search results.

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:101.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/101.0
Platform Type: PC
Device Type: Computer

This issue, listed primarily as a Website Bug can also be reproduced in other platforms and in any Roblox account.

This issue started after I pushed and then reverted updates 3-4 times in rapid succession due to a game-breaking bug that occurred, which I could only confirm the solution to outside of the Studio.

Expected Behavior

The game is expected to be listed 1st place in “SCP Tower Defense” query and 6th to 8th spot in “Tower Defense” search queries. The game currently has a sizable player base of up to 1000 active players and has scored high in search queries consistently for months.

Actual Behavior

The experience does not show up in any Roblox search query and is effectively removed from the search.

Workaround

I do not have a workaround for this issue, however the experience is still showing up in Roblox ads, through Roblox Sponsored games and Google searches. This keeps the experience from dying quickly however this “workaround” is temporary and I am losing players and revenue over time as new players cannot discover the experience easily.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Discover - Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-06-01 00:06:00 (+03:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

8 Likes

Wait so because you updated many times ( to fix a bug ) your game was moved in the roblox search?
I didnt know it was affected by this.

It was not moved, it completely disappeared. My hypothesis is that it is a false flag in the anti-botting/player count inflation algorithm that shadowbans the experience from search. I have no confirmation, however.

3 Likes

This is something we’re still experiencing with one of our games despite it having 100+ million visits, a consistently large concurrent user base and regularly appearing on multiple discover sorts. A staff member mentioned this was intended behaviour although we haven’t changed our game title for months now. It’d be nice to have clarification from Robox as to why they don’t appear on the search results as players searching for the game (from platforms like TikTok, YouTube, etc) are currently being redirected to knock-offs:

1 Like

Have you tried updating the title/description? Maybe removing the part of the title in []s?

1 Like

I haven’t changed the description in a long time, I tried removing the part of title with brackets to no avail. Didn’t expect it to work either, other games also have them.

@ThingOneDev Exactly what did they mention by “intended behaviour”? What was the reason and how can it be solved? Can it be solved?

Does this issue still happen to you? In my case it has not solved and support is also silent.

Weirdly enough, Roblox is being incredibly silent and opaque on this issue that affects many large games and damages them. I’ve noticed this thread has not gotten a response from Dev Relations like every other Bug Report either. It would be nice to know this is going to be looked at and solved.

2 Likes

Only what was mentioned here:

This is still an issue with our game 99% Fail

2 Likes

This makes no sense. If it is not a bug then they should be able to clarify what “this” is? I believe we deserve an explanation when our hard-worked game is suddenly vanished from the search queries for no logicla reason and 0 transparency from Roblox side.

Awaiting acknowledgement of this problem or explanation for this issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting this. We are investigating the root cause of the issue and we’ll come back to you with updates.

4 Likes

I’m also experiencing this. Garden Tycoon [PETS] - Roblox

Got removed from the search out of nowhere.

3 Likes

What happened with this? It has been over a month. Any updates?

1 Like

This issue is strongly affecting my game Soccer Street Strikers as well.

My game got removed from the search results today despite the fact that yesterday it used to rank 37th on the keyword “soccer”. Right when it reached 4,000 average daily new players which coincides with the moment I updated the description of my game, the experience got shadow-banned.

You can search the full name of the experience and scroll all the way down and you will still not find it. This is extremely harmful to my game since the exponential growth was only starting yesterday. It got removed off the search all of a sudden.

1 Like

Roblox is completely silent on this issue, my game has been off the search for about 5 months. Practically begging the support for month only got them to show the game when you type the exact name of it and not in any other search.

1 Like

My game has experienced a similar issue. For the last about two years it was one of the first experiences (top 5 to 10) that showed up in searches for the word “Army”. Then at some point in August it was dramatically downgraded and today appears 207th for the same search result. I’m not sure what exactly happened to cause a drop this dramatic, but it has effectively halved the amount of visits my experience got before August.

Edit:
I’m guessing this is the day (August 24th) my game got massively demoted in search results.

2 Likes

Making multiple quick updates should have no effect on your position in search results, it looks like the experience is now appearing for the query “SCP tower defense” so I’m glad that this issue has been solved.
As for the rest of the experiences listed here, I confirmed that they are showing in results when you search their titles!
Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues.

1 Like

My game is also experiencing this. Chile RP [ACCESO TEMPRANO]

The game was at the top of the search category using the word “chile” or “chile rp” and now it is no longer showing up.

It is fixed, thank you. I believe the issue in my case was using the Shut Down All Servers/Migrate to Latest Update button a few times in a row, I have since shutdown each server manually after update and there are no more problems.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.