Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

See those games?
some of those games will be gone bud.

due to this change ofc

2 Likes

Not some of those pretty high % most of those will be deleted, sadly. With that, those who make clothes, as many people on here do, that kinda helps us as clothing designers. And others do sometimes take ideas from those games as inspiration.

1 Like

i would like to say that there are also a lot of developers who have already stated that they will go to many other platforms that if many of these updates come out. Because it not only affects us, but sadly, when a company loses half of the community, then it will mostly collapse on itself. With that said, there are a lot of those creators who have already left the platform to go onto other ones that offer more free rein of ideas. I’m gonna say, let’s not beat a dead bug with a shoe over and over for the things the creators do and give back to the community, and they still get hit in the end. if anyone wants to know atleast one of those platforms ill say it but as a whole i really would like to see roblox redeem thereself and able to kinda pull back the reins for us creators and give us some type of slack to where we can create but also help them build into the company that they started from the get go

3 Likes

yooo new roblox leak just dropped for the next update
can’t wait to play my favorite experience ##############################################################

oh what’s that in the news?

oh well, time to go back to playing MINECRAFT 2!

On a serious note,
Roblox… Please stop with the horrible updates, the horrible ideas, and the horrible executions. Experience the actual community instead of the one you pretend you’re bringing together. Then after you finally get some sense, return to the drawing board with a better idea of what you’re dealing with, and make good changes.

(there is no leak, it’s fake. sorry gamers)

17 Likes

They’re probably not even GOING to the drawing board, just slapping on idea notes onto the black (or beige) board.

############################################################## Clearly best game and I love it

NOOOOOOOO

4 Likes

So… Remember how I said that I would go through the work of creating my own character model just to (hopefully) work around these bad new rules? Well, I know this isn’t the place to show my progress (the WAYWOC thread is for that), but well, I just wanted to show that I wasn’t just saying that, and may make this a resource when it’s finished if it all imports well…

(My incomplete character model is on the right.)
These changes may mess up experiences that rely on marketplace items, but they won’t mess me up. If anything, they’re forcing me to make my own assets and avoid the marketplace like the plague, all to avoid looking like a greedy developer shoving prompts in players’ faces and being rate-limited checking to make sure the player owns items… (What were the people that thought up this nonsense thinking, I must again ask?)

3 Likes

That’s a fair point, but I like using classic Roblox tool meshes as decorations as they sort have become the “default”

1 Like

Alright, our criticisms and mockery of yet another braindead ROBLOX Corporation update (trademarked) have died down. So, now they’ll definitely release it as is and completely ignore everything that happened in the past few weeks.

7 Likes

Yeah.
We may have lost the fight.
But we also lost the war.
They just dont listen to us.

it’s about the investors BABY!!!

6 Likes

From what I’ve seen, Roblox gear works well for decorating. In that post, I was referring to bundles (and my WIP custom character model), which might be affected by the policy changes.

All of the “upcoming” (inevitably) changes here are horrible; It’ll be disappointing when experiences can no longer use most marketplace assets, and might not even be allowed to use those Roblox gear meshes… Roblox’s basically asking every developer to either make their own models or cough up Robux to commission someone else to do that, which is stupid since the gear meshes made it easier for anyone to decorate their worlds.

2 Likes

We haven’t lost yet. So long as this issue continues to remain a wound in salt, they won’t add the update.

Even if they do add it, SOMEONE is going to notice and this thread is going to light up like dynamite.

10 Likes

The community WILL be in an uproar if this is implemented. So many games will be ruined and/or have to hire modelers to continue to function.

3 Likes

I thought it was supposed to be fun and easy to make experiences, not traumatic, wallet draining, and punishing… guess I was wrong.

11 Likes

As the manic dev I am, im always willing to remodel 500+ assets in a single stream if I have too.

However, as the reasonable dev as well, I must say, this is a complete nightmare to 80% of the community on Roblox. I hope a lot of time is spent really listening to the community, understanding what steps do need to be taken to make the platform a more viable and fruitful place for both UGC and Game Devs. Cutting them off entirely and giving only a week notice is without a doubt, the worse solution you could come up with for this.

9 Likes

One of us needs to make a game out of this policy. Giving players a taste of the dystopia we are likely going to be exist within in the form of a story would really make for a crazy experience. Showing a world of how it is right now, and what it will soon become in the form of assets resorting to untextured unmeshed cubes and often times disappearing as the game progresses.

I would’ve made it but uhhh…

…Roblox Studio apparently no longer accepts my graphics card all of a sudden. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

plz help me in dms

9 Likes

So much for keeping us “up to date”, Roblox hasn’t even said anything else on this issue.

10 Likes

Thank god they decided to stop the rollout

2 Likes

Show proof i am curious, if its true. or your just faking out.

1 Like

No, they have paused it. There’s no guarantee, but things are beginning to look better.

That doesn’t mean we should stop fighting, however. Basically every Roblox game that has ever been is at risk here.

6 Likes

why would I fake it out ?? bruh

1 Like