Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

i wanted to get back into playing atf, guess not.

3 Likes

My brain is either deciding to put this update in a B or A tier for the worst Roblox updates ever.

So many games are going to get ruined due to this enforced policy change now the real question is who in the heck approved this in the first place. This policy change or update if you want to call it either is basically equivalent to Youtube removing dislikes to protect creators “mental health” but in reality, they’re removing an important factor of feedback, and this post doesn’t even include “We will listen to feedback” or anything related to feedback.

They’re basically just silencing us because you find this when you open up the FAQ:
What happens to violating experiences and developers?

• Developers who violate this policy are subject to moderation as they would be for any other violation of the Community Standards. This may include warnings, removal of your experience from the platform or suspension of your account.

And it gets even worse because if our “experiences” are violating this policy we have to change it in a WHOLE week just a WEEK.

This policy change is hurting the platform more than benefiting it this policy change is absolutely stupid at least try to reconsider this Roblox.

Look at what they’re planning to do with UGC too even:
The DEATH Of Roblox’s Marketplace & Economy… SaveUGC! - YouTube

I really thought Roblox was going in a pretty good direction but we the community WE creators just got a bunch of crap handed to us right here.

You don’t have to be THIS out of touch with your community Roblox.

5 Likes

As stated earlier I’m concerned about what this means for games dedicated to trying on items given that Roblox’s built in try on mechanic is lackluster and often broken, but I would like to add that it makes sense to limit how much games can just let people use stuff that’s meant to be sold for free. It’s kinda like the past issues with people basically stealing offsale audio for use in their games, and if I made some rare and expensive accessory, I wouldn’t wanna see every player in every roleplay game wearing it especially if the maker of the game doesn’t even own it, since it would diminish the value.

But applying it to classic Roblox-made items and giving everyone one week to make changes, when it seems a ton of devs literally have midterms???

2 Likes

This post seems very poorly written and I can’t help but to think that there has been things left out of it.

From this alone, I assumed* that these games must have the ability to try on the items for these changes to matter. Ok, sure, this alone isn’t as awful as it sounds… until you read the rest of the post, or realize that Roblox had announced at RDC pushing for all UGC items to have “limited quantity” or to pay to “stock” your items.

So, in the long run, this doesn’t make sense. All items at some point would be “zero-quantity” or “only for resale”. I am going to ignore this fact for the rest of this post

Then, we have this, which again sounds okay. We should have a thing where we could give permission to groups, people, etc. to use our items in game. That would be a cool update and something I think a lot of creators would appreciate. However, that’s not what you’re giving us. Instead, we’re told this:

I need to have my account moderated BEFORE I can show you proof of an agreement between a creator and I? Then I need to appeal that moderation, which could take days to hear back at that point, hopefully get the issue resolved, and possibly miss out on revenue earned for both I and the item creator? How does that make any sense? Would it not be better to implement a system PRIOR to this, to let creators link a game or check a box to let their items be sold in a specific game?

There’s a ton of information missing from this post. Will all games be required to check if a person owns the items they are wearing in game? Even if these games aren’t selling creator items in game? What about roleplaying games with hats or faces that you can touch to wear purely for roleplaying purposes? There is so much we don’t know. This is an awful post and this all could’ve been avoided if you spoke and listened to your developers. We are willing to talk, listen, find a middle ground.

**This could be extended to more games. This could be for any game that allows for a hat or item to be put onto your character that you do not own. ie: you use an admin command in a “drive through a noob to get free admin” game to put on a hat you do not own and is off-sale.

11 Likes

yeah uh this stinks for several games. Let us be free what we can and can’t use please

4 Likes

How much more of this site can you GENUINLY ruin?

4 Likes

So, what about games that use UGC items for NPCS or objects. As in the actual player doesn’t wear it but maybe an NPC wears it, or it’s simply used as an object in the game. They should be fine right? Like I understand IP and what not but at the end of the day for UGC creators it comes down to sales. Their items being in games will do nothing but only boost sales especially if they are at least credited.

UGC items aren’t like music, if someone can play a song for free on some platform then they won’t pay a subscription to play it. Once a player leaves an experience it’s not like they will be able to wear the item out of it. If they like the item and want to continue wearing it, they will have to obtain it by buying it so that they can wear it in almost EVERY game and not just 1 specific game. Ik that there is original content in the UGC catalog, but a lot of things are created from or inspired by games, memes, and other Roblox created items. It wouldn’t even be wise for some UGC creators to DCMA someone’s game when their item itself was inspired or based on something they never created.

3 Likes

Ratio on the devforum is crazy :skull::skull:

9 Likes

This update is just stupid.⠀⠀⠀

5 Likes

Im gonna be honest, this is down right horrible.

5 Likes

This update is bad, simply put. Forcing these insane regulations will ruin a lot of games relying on the avatar creation system. Heck, games like Avatar Maker are needed just because the website doesn’t have a very good avatar creator, so this will definitely be a slap in the face to those people. I don’t even think the people whose IPs you’re trying to protect would even agree with this.

So here’s a theme for you, since you guys want to act like clowns.

10 Likes

People said that the audio update would be the worst to come from Roblox. Apparently you’re able to fall even further.

This could ban games that devs can’t access, this could wipe majority of old games. Alot of un-updated but still played games are going to get deleted. Personally, I’m just too lazy to remove them. I’d understand if this only applied to just UGC items if the original creators filed a report or something, but this is every item ever.

Bad update. Bad bad no good. Rethink.

3 Likes

So every time a player wears any item in a roleplay game/etc. you have to force a prompt purchase on the screen, taking away from the immersion, and consuming time, as those prompts are never instant to appear. Might as well bring back the full screen, un-skippable ads show up whenever a player tries to join any game

3 Likes

This is insane, 50% of Roblox games will get killed/taken down due to this.

3 Likes

Roblox “How can we be worse than last year” challenge: easy

5 Likes

This isn’t even an update anymore this is a downgrade.
Please reconsider this, this will ruin so many games.

3 Likes

I actually think it is less then 50% it might be ~20% or 25% but that’s a good chunk of their creators just getting killed.

3 Likes

Why can’t we use Roblox’s items? It seems to me that this policy change will kill a lot of classic games, and I can’t think of a great reason for this specifically (unless Roblox doesn’t own the items they themselves have uploaded)?

4 Likes

I’m a co-owner of a fashion game. I now have to remove the majority of items from my game because they’re offsale items. I love it… not.

7 Likes

UGC then this :skull_and_crossbones::skull: all of these were made without community feedback

3 Likes