Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

Nobody asked this feature, people do careful already before to buy something. I’m bad at scripting stuff to allow people to try an accessory correctly before to buy it. I don’t want to be reported. Please don’t do that!

4 Likes

Can you guys go a single day without shooting yourselves in the foot? This is completely ridiculous.

5 Likes

This is the worst change i’ve ever seen.

5 Likes

someone made a petition so i figured it was easier to let people voice their opinion on here

4 Likes

I seriously doubt this will be reverted unless roblox losses a significant amount of money. This is all part of their “vision”.

4 Likes

fr whoever approved this is very high and drunk

5 Likes

Honestly confused about this update, does this effect roleplay games where staff can wear marketplace items (theres no buying involved) + Games like catalog avatar creator??? If so you would be shutting down a front page game

4 Likes

you should focus on other things such as, FIXING THE GODDAMN LINKING YOUR PHONE NUBMER!!!

7 Likes

No. :-1:
This is a really bad update on your part.

Got a custom avatar system?
Equip an item? Boom, purchase prompt!

3 Likes

isn’t there a better way to make this update to prevent IP?
like, give UGC devs the option to allow third party games to use it or smth?
yk so if RB BATTLES is not comfortable with their items being leaked on catalog heaven, games similar to those, they can disable it, instead of everygame being boring and ruining so many experiences.
As well, why must 2D faces be off, didn’t y’all say “Powering Imagination” to be anything you wannabe, why can’t users wear 2D faces from those shops?

3 Likes

I am all for giving people more ways to create and get success from things on this website but this seems like a not well thought out change? I feel like most people who make Marketplace items aren’t losing out on a whole lot because someone put their item on a single character in one of their games, and now you are just nuking the ability to use other peoples assets without having an EA style ad popup every 4 seconds, this seems ridiculous.

3 Likes

logged onto devforum to say that, although my 2d face cannot move, it feels like you opened my roblox avatar’s mouth and pooped in it. not cool roblox. not cool.

19 Likes

This is heavily damaging to the whole platform that relies on marketplace items, this has to be reverted immediately.

Making it unable to show/use off-sale items in experiences impacts the most, that it can easily violate this policy. I wonder who the hell presented this policy like it’s a good idea? It does more harm than good at this point. We are only given only one week to make this change before the policy goes into effect, which is absolutely not doable for most developers as they have their lives going on especially college exams and work schedules. Honestly, this policy really does put a large strain on developers and the platform, heavily limiting their ability to present items in their own execution (e.g. upcoming UGC items, showcasing, etc.), which is disappointing to see. This is definitely not going to do well, do better Roblox!

7 Likes

also my personal opinion is that you guys should listen to the community and fix the following:
Stop trying to push “metaverse” stuff
+
Keep R6 please stop pushing rthro, roblox is about being free whoever you wanna be right?

6 Likes

This conflicts with their “vision”, their vision is to mimic real life with the marketplace however in real life I have never been prompted by a sales person to purchase an item instantly just because I “tried it on”.

7 Likes

This update alone is going to ruin so many beloved games. Please do not come forward with this. A lot of ROBLOX-uploaded accessories are crucial to parts of a game. What will happen to NPC’s? Games like Catalog Heaven are going to be completely ruined.

What if one of the ROBLOX-uploaded accessories’ mesh is used as decoration in a game? This shouldn’t be a problem and hasn’t been for years.

4 Likes

if i’m saying everything incorrectly, i’m either still braindead, or i haven’t even read it clearly:

i’m sorry but what the hell is this new policy change lol. it’s nearly unessecary and heavy.
experiences that allow people to customize their characters (like Entry Point) are heavily at risk by this change, and it’s nearly stupid.

come on now, people gave you 10,000 chances to improve yourselves but you’ve instead rushed over and disappointed the community as a whole.

games that use marketplace items without prior purchase doesn’t affect others. some may not want their items on their games as an option for customization so they can just ask the developer to remove them.

seriously, why not add a system that whitelists developers to using their items?

like is roblox insane :skull:

edit:

9 Likes

I really want to know how all the top games are even going to be able to adapt to this change in time. Because in all honesty this update might kill the last remaining OG brand that roblox has been since the start.

2 Likes

I agree 100%, what about roleplay games where people can wear summer clothes without buying, and maybe buy because they like it, these types of games/features increase roblox revenue by a significant amount. I can say personally there are some items I would have never known about without these games.

4 Likes

There’s already lack of moderation for UGC items that utilize other people’s models/roblox’s assets so how are we supposed to know if this would even have any sort of effect??

3 Likes