Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

In my opinion this change should NOT apply to Roblox made items, especially for all of the classic games using Roblox made gears, hats, packages from over the past two decades.

55 Likes

It feels almost as if Roblox is just actively trying to harm their own developers, creators, and consumers and is likewise scaring off anyone who even wants to break onto the platform anyways. The old systems worked perfectly fine and few complained, so why bother reinventing the wheel?

6 Likes

For real. This is the biggest problem as it has gone from just affecting newer catalog games to basically every Roblox game made since 2007. For something thatā€™s supposed to make the marketplace ā€œfairā€ Iā€™m really not sure why they applied it to their own items which thwy arenā€™t even making anymore and historically have let people use in their games.

7 Likes

There is power in masses. I have 2k players, small dent in the platform? How about anyone else. The funniest thing is, they will take this message down for ā€˜spamā€™. Our feedback, is to remove this feature and admit that they were wrong. Truly disappointed in roblox. This will ruin so many games its not even funny.

5 Likes

We will do what we did to Unity but to you.

12 Likes

i speak on behalf of everyone that we will be switching platforms to become youtube game developers if this change goes through

4 Likes

I never ratio on devforum but I have to do it for a simple reason that Iā€™m scared of this update.
Also it looks like people from Roblox Staff donā€™t know what Roblox is, they donā€™t know the other updates and they dare to force every accessories to go limited but also no limited can be shown in-game. What the hell is in their mind?

7 Likes

I refuse to update my games over this, I never thought you guys would make a update worse than the Audio Update but youā€™ve proved me wrong.

8 Likes

Actually, I think this might be the end for me. I absolutely love Roblox fashion. I was so excited for the new UGCā€“see my avatar, itā€™s completely decked out in a UGC body, UGC clothes, UGC makeup, UGC hairā€¦ Iā€™ve been on the platform since 2008, and Iā€™ve been through every era of Roblox fashion since.

The one thing Roblox has been so powerful for me was user expressionā€¦ but now Iā€™m going to be punished for giving my players the ability to do that. I have to go through my admin system and ensure players cannot use accessories they donā€™t own. I have to go through my custom-made catalog and revise every single item within it. I have to go through my mannequins and remove simple, taken-for-granted items.

Godot receives another wave of disillusioned developers for the second time in a week. Woohoo!

12 Likes

Nearly every single experience on Roblox uses items from the catalog. This will actually destroy the platform if these changes arenā€™t reverted.

5 Likes

This is almost as worse as what Unity announced.

6 Likes

This is like George Orwellā€™s book, 1984

13 Likes

leaving us in the dark damn :-1::-1:

6 Likes

I Have some games that iā€™m working on, and sadly i might have to stop it just because of this update.

8 Likes

roblox is really just speedrunning getting their platform destroyed now huh

why is it that hard to just listen to what your community wants and also not make changes like this to roblox-made items, considering a large majority of games including older ones use them.

6 Likes

What is the deal here?

Is Roblox Corporation under immense threat from some copyright conglomerate similar to National Music Publisherā€™s Association? Are the shareholders just REALLY desperate to get some extra cash in their pocket right now?

Why is this on such short notice? There are so many bits of this that negatively affect my game and othersā€™ games, I donā€™t even know where to begin.

• Off-sale items being imported will make a game subject to being removed.
  • Games can now be thrown into the moderation wringer for erroneous copyright claims.
  • Games which rely on importing accessories (and in bulk) will now have to contend with AvatarEditorService (for ownership checking, price, and other details) which allows a maximum of 100 calls PER GAME PER SECOND, regardless of player count.
  • Forced extra UI clutter on a large scale in many games

Can we get some transparency on why this is so sudden and what will be happening in these cases? Will off-sale item importing being banned be reverted? Will the deadline be extended or is this sudden shift exactly where weā€™re staying? Will the avatar service have boosted capacity for higher player count games or are larger games screwed here?

43 Likes

My God what is happening to this platform.

12 Likes

I get wanting to support UGC, but this is NOT the way to go about it.

10 Likes

ā€¦ the silence is deafening.
Roleplay games be dammed, and try-on games be screwed.

all they have to do is just answer two simple questions

• do players have to buy the item to use it or not?
  • do we have to :promptPurchaseUI (whatever itā€™s called ) for every insertion, or can we just show a little UI prompt we made in a corner or somewhere on a list?
7 Likes

The reason why they donā€™t listen to their community anymore is becauseā€¦
Brands and Sponsors
Brands and Sponsors = Money

5 Likes