Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

It is truly joever for roblox and their creators.

4 Likes

Yeah this is rough for sure. I retexured a lot of Roblox made hats for my project in a character creator. I guess ill just replace them with colored parts and go back to the drawing board unless this changes.

3 Likes

Roblox has completely lost what once made it about your imagination. Now it’s you can’t use this, can’t steal that, you can’t do this if that is true. I’ve been on this website for over 11 years. I remember a time when you were free to use your imagination on here. It’s really sad that’s not the case anymore.

6 Likes

do the devforum interaction points really matter that much to you? get outta here

7 Likes

but roblox is losing out on precious money to be spent on the marketplace! roblox needs the extra cash from their marketplace assets, they’re almost bankrupt

2 Likes

me and the classic roblox larpers unable to play SFOTH IV anymore due to this update:

6 Likes

So strange how multiple of these game engines including Roblox and Unity are hurting their developers more and more. All these new changes make it harder to want to create on Roblox. “Powering Imagination if it fits our idea.” I am so tired, Roblox.

2 Likes

horrible change, i don’t want to turn my game into a simulator side gamepass store fest

3 Likes

There’s really only one direction roblox is going into huh? damn

4 Likes

this is extremely vague on what is allowed and what isn’t, and is also just a horrible change in general. this forces people to make their own assets if they dont want to use normal roblox avatars, and everyone knows packages ruin so many games

2 Likes

I’ve been able to see at least some legitimate reason behind even the worst new updates. This just flat out doesn’t have one.

3 Likes

WE GETTING INTO THE LIST OF WORST ROBLOX UPDATES WITH THIS ONE

:speaking_head: :fire: :fire:

12 Likes

Down, down, and more down. At this point, they’re heading SO far down they’ve gone past the core of the planet and made it out the other side, just to keep going.

3 Likes

Roblox’s decision making team needs more time in the oven. :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

this means no using roblox ANYTHING, no old roblox hats, no faces, no gear models… no real point to making roblox games if you can’t use roblox assets anymore, is there then? i think now is a good time to learn C++

6 Likes

25 Likes

I don’t see how this was an approved change. Taking down games for this is outrageous, especially with a one week warning. That is nowhere near enough time to make a change this big, and there should be no reason for this change at all in the first place.

Please listen to the feedback and make a change :pray:

8 Likes

No.

3 Likes

Welp, time for half of my slice of the platform to move to Unity, Polytoria, and/or Minetest, whichever ends up working for me! I’ve thankfully still got some games that you haven’t irrevocably obliterated. That way you won’t be completely forgotten.

4 Likes

I am really disappointed as someone who made a game a long time ago with a TON of Roblox assets… Seeing as I thought it wouldn’t be bad since y’know… it’s made by Roblox themselves…

3 Likes