Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

A week to comply is such a generous amount of time Roblox! /s

3 Likes

“This enraged the Roblox community, who punished David severely.”

10 Likes

Imagine doing that bad that the post has 25 likes, and some dude who literally opened their google photo editor for 2 seconds and made a gif got more likes than ever and like 300+ replies in like 2 hours

7 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Roblox seriously needs to listen to all the input they’re getting on this post and reiterate

3 Likes

Audio u still abandoned for 1 year
Moderation rip
UGC going to died soon
And now u working on ultimate disaster happen next

4 Likes

Bro you guys suck at making decisions sometimes

16 Likes

NUH-UH!!! If you dare force this on us, expect a major outcry from the entire community.

8 Likes

Can you be more specific as to WHY this is being done, and what it has to do with respect?

5 Likes

we have a common enemy here! Focus on the main post.

2 Likes

How are we supposed to just magically know when an item we used goes offsale??? Roblox takes down classic items all the time. This is ridiculous.

13 Likes

I’m sure no one has to explain why this is such a awful idea. The company should feel embarrassed for even trying to push this change onto the community. Loads of games rely on the free assets that are openly public to anyone on the platform, and you suddenly rip those assets away from new developers and older games because you need extra money? This isn’t going to encourage people to purchase the new faces or any UGC hats. This is just going to piss people off, and believe it or not it already has.

You guys had a real good streak going with the new additions from RDC this year, and you managed to knock all of that praise down with a stupid policy update that wasn’t needed.

12 Likes

Thats exactly what i was thinking about…

5 Likes

@Roblox

I can’t believe I am saying this but this upcoming policy change in my point of view is worse than trying to get your community to try “hyper-realistic” avatars ahem Rthro…

This update is way more forced upon due to it being enforced because:

1. In the post you don’t even mention community feedback, or anything related to it please be all ears to your community.
  2. This is present in the FAQ to basically silence us if our experiences violence this upcoming policy change.
    What happens to violating experiences and developers?
  • Developers who violate this policy are subject to moderation as they would be for any other violation of the Community Standards. This may include warnings, removal of your experience from the platform or suspension of your account.
  1. The deadline is extremely short doesn’t even give us time on what to think and do to block these annoying prompts that are going to appear when this policy change is released. We basically have to invent Roblox “Ad-Blockers” in game.

But this isn’t even the most of my concerns. First of all, how are you going to handle false reports because in the FAQ you clearly state:

I found an experience that appears to be violating this policy (the Experience is using off-sale avatar items, Roblox’s items, someone else’s items, etc). How do I report this developer?

• To report an experience, enter the experience, and navigate to the Reporting tab of the menu. Follow the prompts for reporting the Experience and Reason for Abuse as “Inappropriate Content.” In order to help our moderation team more accurately identify and handle your report, be sure to include descriptors and keywords in your text input, such as “UGC,” “Marketplace,” “Roblox IP,” “off-sale,” or “avatar item.”

The report system is still terrible and “our moderation team” is quite not true because most of the moderator team is just AI and a small chunk of it, I believe are humans unless I’m getting the idea wrong.

Can my concerns please be addressed?

9 Likes

You are like the most replied person to the thread. Congratulations! :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

This.

We aren’t checking items every single day to make sure we can still use them, that’s a straight up waste of time

4 Likes

Welp, there goes my right to being able to add some avatar customizability to my game… :frowning:

1 Like

yet another horrendous update that nobody in the existence likes
still gonna get pushed anyways

so yea im stuck between MC modding, TM modding and Godot what do you guys think?

jokes aside this just instantly killed 2 of my projects so thank you roblox for helping your creators

2 Likes

I have so much to say and so many thoughts. Apologies for making so many comments :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

really just sucks to me here on this one cause it just does really feel like roblox almost wants to really just abandon their past in favor of shareholders and stuff

removing developers access to using classic faces and stuff here just don’t make sense and i really wish they would just go back to the damn drawing board and rethink a ton of stuff and decisions they have been making but i DOUBT that will happen anytime soon

also how in the HELL are we supposed to know when an item gets taken off sale this doesn’t give us any clarification on ANYTHIN’ almost at all???

3 Likes

Exactly that is great. Roblox needs to listen to us and more replies does it good.

2 Likes