Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

ai boys, time to pack up our bags and moving to fortnite creative 2.0

13 Likes

I understand the importance of credit for UGC creators, but this… isn’t the way.

This is beyond vague and borderline catastrophic to some games. Requiring a Roblox style pop-up every time an asset is for example, equipped in a game, is intrusive and immersion breaking to a horrible degree.

2 Likes

caption (2)

30 Likes

My question is, does this mean that games that were last updated in, for example, 2010, just going to be deleted for not being able to “conform” to this new change? Are we going to lose millions of games?

3 Likes

No need to apologize, we enjoy hearing your feedback and complaints of it.

3 Likes

Is this supposed to be a late April Fools joke, or an attempt to copy Unity? Who at Roblox was getting inspired by Unity this morning? You’d think Roblox has learned from their mistakes, but who knows…

5 Likes

Wow, what a real slap in the face. The wording of this post is extremely confusing in regards to if this is also applicable to Roblox-uploaded items, but I just want to make my point anyway.

The main part of UGC is for uploading your items for players to use/buy and customize on their avatars as a form of expression so players can express themselves. It is the same as having UGC items in experiences as well. I don’t seem to understand why this is an issue that needs fixing.

The fact that Roblox is only giving a weeks notice is unreal. It is not mutual respect. It’s blatant disrespect for both developers & ugc creators that have to completely reconfigure their entire experience that revolve around these items to meet your standards in a weeks notice, just to avoid a warning or a complete suspension of their game.

This will ruin many experiences that utilize a custom avatar creation system and/or these items entirely.

Please just leave it alone.

5 Likes

hey guys have you heard about unreal engine

12 Likes

An unnecessary update that does not have many benefits. The lack of communication and warning is also alarming. Not only does this create a challenge for smaller “indie-styled” games, but it also forces technology that not all players want for their experience.

2 Likes

22 Likes

Unity and Roblox sitting in a tree.

6 Likes

Roblox definitely saw Unity’s downfall and thought “we can do much worse!”.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s an absolutely wonderful engine!

1 Like

Realization that the classic sword is limited… it’s over for Shedletsky…

5 Likes

Unreal Engine must be skyrocketing in users by now… Unity users dashing in, perhaps Roblox shall join the pack!

2 Likes

It’s Shedlets-over, Sword-Bros…

2 Likes

Roblox took it personally and saw it as a challenge.

3 Likes

Due to this upcoming update, my most popular games will lose their entire soul purposes. We need this to be reverted.

4 Likes

I installed it a few days ago, going to start reading up on it soon, I’m so sick of Roblox. All of today’s updates have been horrible.

I don’t usually bring stock price into things, but they announced this after closing. Will be interested to see what happens into tomorrow

2 Likes

old games that have old roblox items will be taken because of this.

2 Likes