Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

This update is extremely unfair and short noticed, I hope peoples concerns are acknowledged :disappointed:

This on top of the new Public UGC Policies are going to create a devastating effect to the catalog and avatar associated experiences.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m saying

1 Like

Sadly, like al the updates simular to this, they will push it no matter what we say.

3 Likes

This is absolutely wild. I don’t know what they expected the reaction to be?

3 Likes

what a fine and extinguished gentlehorse

4 Likes

This might actually work but who knows

1 Like

Literally my head right now with this update…

2 Likes

Best Roblox update in a long time. I love these changes!

2 Likes

Game engine companies as of recent carefully making the worst changes ever that only harm both their creators and consumers.

11 Likes

I think the worst part about changes like this is that Roblox’s large audience of children or otherwise unaware playerbase doesn’t know that this is happening. They’re not able to grasp the fact that Roblox is actively ruining the platform for those who have played or otherwise created on Roblox in the past and in the present. Thus, Roblox keeps raking in the billions that they continue to do so. And that is ultimately depressing, because Roblox is able to hide behind their profits and the general userbase of which does not care about these changes because it largely doesn’t effect them.

I hope this manages to reach such an outcry that even the general playerbase knows that the destruction that this will cause to the creativity of Roblox developers on the platform.

1 Like

this is the worst update ive ever seen

plus giving devs only a week to get this done when the archive assets page doesnt even show up

4 Likes

Ohhh boy… It’s another “we’re gonna replace all 2d faces” fiasco all over again, isn’t it…
Welp! I’m going to enjoy the show while it lasts. This is gonna be fun! Time to meet likeminded people on the devforum again. :slight_smile:

FYI, THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA. Keep it as is or i’m packing my bags and heading to Unit- oh wait nvm they’re doing awful stuff too…

Whatever. whether it be Unreal Engine or Godot, I would care less if I have to learn that from scratch, with how much horrible ideas were perceved through this dev forum, I’d rather go learn how to script C# from complete scratch with no prior knowledge of scripting.

If it wasn’t obvious, do not do this policy change.

4 Likes

This will affect SO many games lol, i guess sword fights on the heights is getting taken down too !!

3 Likes

This is an absolutlely stupid decision.

5 Likes

i actually find it really funny how a lot of the posts now are just random things that some way or another can relate to what we are talking about (the update)

2 Likes

this has gotta be the worst thing ive ever seen

4 Likes

Thanks Roblox, this is great for artists and asset creators! Sending love your way!

1 Like

Wait until his sword disappears due to this update :sad:

2 Likes

Game engines with monopolies try not to kill their own platform challenge
(impossible)

9 Likes

Roblox, why the hell do you keep making terrible updates like this!? You’re actively going to ruin the platform AND push the people who genuinely care about your platform away.

Seriously reconsider this.

2 Likes