Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

Does this entail the players having these items on them? Such as the classic 2d faces, off sale items. This will surely Ban every game on the platform. Who is making these choices at Roblox??

1 Like

NO! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!! NOOO!!! This is not good brah

2 Likes

You dont even know what you’re supporting. You’re supporting a major negative impact to the community!!

me when i’m in a “make a bad decision for the company” challenge:
roblox:
discord:
unity:

3 Likes

Have you never made a game on Roblox???

3 Likes

Farewell comrade I hope your crown doesn’t get destroyed in the process due to Roblox probably hunting you down right now.

2 Likes

I did not know Roblox is trying to compete against Unity for making awful decisions.

2 Likes

this is the average roblox moment

1 Like

Rest easy, Soldier. You fought well. :saluting_face:

2 Likes

Can you guys stop making bad decisions every step of the way?

Nothing good has come from these recent decisions. And at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if it results in developers actively retaliating via making games impossible to play (as a form of protest). I hope it does. I don’t want UGC creators suffering as a result of these wonky and idiotic changes.

Worst part is that you guys definitely planned this for awhile. That means you had all this time to think about the implications, and never considered how bad this would be.

2 Likes

Lol this was like waking up to a eviction notice. Homeless simulator speedrun just dropped.

This hits me particularly as two of my more prominent games, Pick A Side and Egg Farm Simulator, made by my brother and i in 2018 heavily rely on roblox gears as we used to just be indie devs who didnt have a lot of resources to invest into art and such. Being able to use the readily available things from roblox is what made us successful in the first place.

To see such an uncharacteristic change from roblox is wild to me, it is like u felt pressured to make this change for some marginal profit growth to appease ur investors rather than ur players and developers.

Cherry on top is to force people to comply by next week… what a tone deaf corporation that u have become

7 Likes

so basically the audio update but for avatar items?

3 Likes

I am aghast, this is straight bananas!

1 Like

is your economy team drinking uranium?

5 Likes

Roblox! Thank you! This will help us immensely and is beneficial for literally nobody! Sending so much love to your way for this update!

4 Likes

I have actually. I’m programming for an in-development game in partnership with Quataun and I’ve contributed to 40M+ public visits.

1 Like

LMAO it did the funny bitcoin thing

False reports are about to go crazy descriptors and keywords won’t even save them.

3 Likes

you see tommy tallarico actually made every single item on roblox, just like how he invented the intellivision amico, earthworm jim, the wii, mario, life itself, earth, god, the universe

4 Likes

Saving this before it gets 1984’d out of existence, good music taste

2 Likes