Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

oh PLEASE, you haven’t even saw the level of anarchy that happened with the 2d faces post!
this hasn’t gotten anywhere close, let’s try to make it as close by totally not clogging up the entire reply section with memes and TOTALLY talking about this absurd policy change yep definitely

3 Likes

hi roblox developer forum moderators

5 Likes

Roblox hates PC users. They want to transition the game into being a true mobile game. Just look at the desktop app they forced for everyone without a way to turn it off.

3 Likes

Unacceptable, seriously unacceptable. This ruins most reasons on why catalog games (i.e, Catalog Heaven) even exist. This was never an issue before, so why change it now? There’s rhyme or reason on why this should happen, and I haven’t seen a single person complain about games that allow you to try/wear off-sale items.

7 Likes

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the recent policy update. We truly appreciate your feedback and want you to know that our team is actively discussing the best way forward.

We’ll keep you updated as soon as we have more information.

70 Likes

This is bad, really bad. Almost all of my open-source games feature an extensive accessory editor at the core of the gameplay. It allows for players to customize their character extensively and is one of the key parts of most modern roleplaying games. If this changes goes into affect, there’s a chance that I will have screwed over dozens of developers who used my open-source game in their own works.

Developers, get the word out now. Let people know about this and be vocal.

12 Likes

When are the NFT clothes being released

6 Likes

Funny how this is supposedly Roblox’s “vision” but i am sure they are illegally blind.

3 Likes

fact or cap y’all i need opinions

6 Likes

If a creator makes an experience with unaffiliated avatar Marketplace items available for users to equip

Prevent items that are not available to purchase from being used in the experience

Will this also therefore effect games with working versions of off-sale gear, or is this worded moreso that this effects games for item-finding?

2 Likes

This is a terrible update that will stain Roblox as a platform forever. Please recall this update as it provides no benefits to creators here.

This update will kill many games, as classic 2D faces, gear, and any other offsale items will be unavailable to players.

7 Likes

And stay down. Don’t bring this back.

13 Likes

Hopefully you address everyones concerns like please for the love of god please do.

5 Likes

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

im going to EAT your skinnnnnnnnnnn

1 Like

nuh uh!!!

you say this all the time and barely ever listen!!!

read our posts this time for real and listen to feedback like you do 10% of the time!!!

14 Likes

inb4 they double down on this change because we should all know the gig by now.

3 Likes

What went through yall’s heads when you made this change??? Genuinely curious, this is such a bad idea

3 Likes

Is there any specific reason as to why this change was made? Most all items can simply be inserted via the library, and according to the library guidelines, anything there is 100% open use for any party, regardless of how it is used.

6 Likes

Are yall unity number dos or what

4 Likes