Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

roblox after seeing everyone shitpost and make fun of their horrible decisions (they do damage control by saying they are “reading feedback and looking for the best ways to move forward”):

3 Likes

Experiences have utilised off-sale Roblox items for decades. I’m a bit baffled at the approach of this policy as it affects pretty much most experiences on the platform at this rate.

I think the best solution here is to add an opt-in button that allows the UGC creator to manage if their asset can be used in all experiences or not. This way we can continue to share our assets, including the classic Roblox IP that we all know and love. And UGC creators who wish to limit the use of their assets can do so through the configuration settings of their UGC.

18 Likes

I doubt they will revert the update. I’d rather keep my expectatives low and just wait until September 27th…

1 Like

how do you guys keep making the site WORSE? you drag your heels on things like fixing the glass material or adding in the most BASIC of features for devs, claiming it takes ages to implement, but then you give people a meagre one week to comply to your disgraceful policies that you had the coffee boy write up because your developer relations department all got shot?

down with this policy or the site will die.

8 Likes

if you would be in there you would lose your entirety of your brain lmfao

2 Likes

This is genuinely a terrible update. You’re going to lose a lot of players with this.

Revert it immediately.

9 Likes

so does this mean that if I upload an avatar of a user WITH UGC ITEMS and put it in my game can I be penalized?

4 Likes

The best way forward…
How are you going to do that in approximately 8 days.

3 Likes

There are a total of like 3 good mainstream game engines left

2 Likes

just don’t do it it’s that easy just don’t do it forget everything just revert it all please please please

5 Likes

OMG this is the quickest response I have ever seen, at least we got their attention.

We’re not backing down from this.

7 Likes

My last comment is more of a question but…HOW WILL STARTERCHARACTERS WORK!!!

2 Likes

no no no no NOOOOOOOOOO. this is so idiotic come on. why would anyone want this.

2 Likes

Are you guys being sued by the clothing industry or something

8 Likes

Fantastic, I can refer to this thread of how to anger every single person possible. Thank you for showing a example.

2 Likes

what even is the point of this i don’t get it, it just seems to be creating way more problems than it solves

3 Likes

I would love to get more clarity on:

• What happens if I have an NPC of a friend of a player that contains UGC no one in-game owns, but clearly represents their own player
  • What happens if I used a free model linked sword
  • If Roblox has a platform approach to making it easier to get or buy permission from UGC creators to include an asset in-game.

This post has really generated a lot of community angst, and while I don’t think it really should, there’s definitely interpretations of this post that could kill some of my games, while there’s also interpretations of this post that are relatively benign.

4 Likes

Absolutely unacceptable. Revert this right now or you’ll all regret ever proposing this.

3 Likes

We really need laws that stop companies from pulling this bs lmao

3 Likes

Average day taxiing in front of a Ryanair flight

5 Likes