Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

This change is horrible. This will make it harder for newer developers to get started and giving people only a week to prepare for it is even worse.

4 Likes

multi billion dollar company btw

11 Likes

bro i remember when the stock was worth like 70…

1 Like

Bad ending prediction:
“Unfortunately, the policy is necessary and the 27th is a hard deadline. Make your experiences compliant immediately.”

4 Likes

Imagine if you just see a prompt and you just get recommended an item that was meant for suggestive intentions.
Not saying it will happen, but it would be pretty funny anyways good luck on trying to get a good chunk of your platform back Roblox.
Hope everything goes well.

1 Like

why did you do this to us

what is the point???

3 Likes

more like paid to dev, just like unity. all the major game engines will soon follow. they’re just testing the waters.

3 Likes

the entire pitchfork and torch mob is a beautiful sight
may we all get banned from the devforum together

9 Likes

Roblox’s administration and staff are SO out of touch with the community it’s actually hilarious. The fact they think this is a good idea is actually laughable. NGL I see a lot of people leaving the platform over this special ed rule.

10 Likes

WE’RE GLAD THEY EVEN ANNOUNCED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.
You know how they are, sometimes it just releases randomly without notice.
they just had to announce it to the devforum because they knew it affected us all and BADLY.

3 Likes

I can’t speak for everyone but I believe that the best way forward is to actually gather opinions and take community opinions into account when publishing harmful policy changes. The fact changes like this can even be proposed is something I can’t even begin to imagine.

I do appreciate the follow up at least.

4 Likes

atp ion even care if it happens to me i haven’t actually used the devforum since early 2021

2 Likes

oh my god that is actually sick good luck with your game man

8 Likes

This makes a lot of sense in that Roblox clearly wants to compensate UGC creators.

Still, pushing a dozen “BUY” buttons for every article of clothing the user equips is dumb. Making it mandatory to include a low-key buy button would be better IMO.

At the moment, this feels like a greedy corporation trying to boost profits under the guise of giving compensation to IP holders. That’s probably why this post is receiving so much backlash.

Also, 1 week is nowhere enough time.

3 Likes

you are so cool i hope you do well in life

2 Likes

you hella out of pocket but you do got a point…

2 Likes

oooo pretty cool (post must be at least

1 Like

So this just destroys a massive amount of experiences?

I’m sorry but this is genuinely stupid and needs to be severely reassessed, or cancelled altogether.

With other updates we’ll just progressively get less and less items we can use in games, no?

And how badly does this affect NPCs? A lot of them are items from the catalog? How do you expect creators to change everything in a week?!?

I think it’s more annoying that aggravating, it just makes things so much more complicated.

5 Likes

ive already done this once before lol

1 Like

because he’s the guy that’s been in charge of it since the start?

1 Like