Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

if this counts for gear too that effectively kills the entire brickbattle genre, not to mention any game that uses the templates you yourselves provide

i don’t think they thought this one through chat :sob:

21 Likes

This affects way too many games. I understand some of the need for this to protect UGC creators but this is not just something you can drop as “changes apply in 1 week.” Some people have massive amounts of items in their game. These were Roblox-made items, too. Which Roblox actively encouraged games to use in the past. More time is needed before this policy changes.

We were ready to go into Public alpha release with our new game October 11th, which used specific playable characters. We only used Roblox-made hats for these. Now, we actively have to postpone our already announced release date because we have to redo every single playable character now!

This reflects badly on our studio even though previously we were in compliance of every Roblox policy.

Some early heads up would have been nice…

4 Likes

guys keep posting either on topic stuff or memes and we may get to 1k replies/posts

anyways my (probably) final 2 cents on this update: it sucks and should just be completely rolled back considering 3/4s of the posts here other than shitposts are giving general feedback on why this update is horrid and giving us 1 week to work with an update like this is horrible.

3 Likes

Godot just keeps on winning and winning. I am considering to actually move over to there, now that these big corporations are shooting themselves in the foot.

2 Likes

Oh, sure, Roblox, because introducing that idea is really great! We’re all just shocked and amazed by your unparalleled innovation. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

same bro, we as a mob should stand together in solidarity :pray:

2 Likes

max is replying. prepare for facts

5 Likes

This Change Destroys so many experiences, makes no sense.
Generally there is no benefit in doing this?
Who thought of this idea, this cant be human anymore, its like what is roblox run by AI ?

2 Likes

this is sick looks like space station 13

2 Likes

do they ever think anything through? half of the changes they make are underbaked or just straight up bad.

3 Likes

with a leader, many people can unite
with an enemy, everyone can unite

2 Likes

yeah but like

why

genuinely whats the point this does NOTHING but cause unnecessary problems are you out of your mind or something

4 Likes

i remember when it was worth like 90 :skull:

2 Likes

finally i can get some sleep :smiley:

(yet ill have nightmares about whether some reasonable changes will be made or not)

6 Likes

Owner of Clean up Roblox here. You probably have played the game before.

If this goes through, the game will have to shut down for good. The entire point of it is to view avatar styles. We’ll have to remove all of them, which means removing the entire game. Hoping something can be done about this before we have to close the game for good

9 Likes

David must’ve been inspired by Unity this time

5 Likes

max how many wpm do you type why you taking so long

1 Like

Did anybody coming up with this decision seriously realize the exact implications of what’s being asked? Do you folks realize just how many games will need to be gutted to apply by this rule, and we’re only given a week to remake any of the assets that’re going to now be replaced?

Seriously, this is a complete break of trust for myself and many other developers who rely on your platform for a career. How are we supposed to make games for this platform when updates like these can totally jeopardize everything we’re working on?

11 Likes

This policy change is going to get spread like cancer and even if Roblox reconsiders it they probably already lost a chunk of their platform.
Anyways time to compare Roblox side by side with Unity.

3 Likes

line goes down we’re going to the core of the earth with this one

1 Like