Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

kinda offtopic but that’s a nice avatar mate

2 Likes

"Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the recent policy update. We truly appreciate your feedback and want you to know that our team is actively discussing the best way forward.

We’ll keep you updated as soon as we have more information." -:nerd_face:

4 Likes

both make awful decisions, short n simple

1 Like

if its like 2 sentences that would be funny as hell

1 Like

bro your game is actually a lifesaver thank you so much for giving people like me who don’t have any experience making avatars practice

3 Likes

Bro I dont know how you can think of something this low,

The Roblox employees are so out of touch to the point where its stupid.

3 Likes

I have a question about it.

Will this update affect the find style games (i mean this) for example, let’s say i make a find of my friends, these friends have ugc equipped. at no time will it be possible to equip and/or buy these ugc. they are just a part of the dummy. does this update affect me?

1 Like

Yeah this was not well thought out.

Super Nostalgia Zone’s entire catalog, whose gimmick is that you can buy and wear old Roblox hats using the in-game currency would be nuked by this. It would similarly nuke Retro Studio and Retroblox, as well as any game that lets you wear items from the catalog that are owned by Roblox. Big games like Adopt Me, Robloxian High School, Catalog Heaven, etc cannot exist as they currently do under this policy.

The value of items on Roblox is the ability to wear them on your profile and carry them into any game that lets you use your avatar. You can’t force us into compliance with your vision of the UGC catalog. This is evidently some shareholder bullshit that doesn’t make any sense to anyone who actually understands how Roblox’s engine and avatar ecosystem works.

While they may have good intentions, they don’t understand… this isn’t feasible to enforce with how free-flowing everything is currently. I’m not feeling much inspired confidence in Roblox regulating UGC for everyone if they can’t get something as simple as this right.

83 Likes

“POWERING IMAGINATION”
Oh my god please help

4 Likes

at least act like didn’t copy and paste the same response every time you mess up roblox, hear the community… HEAR THE COMMUNITY.

3 Likes

I’m here to say that NOBODY LIKES THIS UPDATE AT ALL, REVERT.

3 Likes

Tim Sweeney is gonna get PAID in about a month or two

2 Likes

this is probably the most sensible post here other than the recommendations for other game engines and occasional shitposts

5 Likes

I have a question about it.

Will this update affect the find style games (i mean this) for example, let’s say i make a find of my friends, these friends have ugc equipped. at no time will it be possible to equip and/or buy these ugc. they are just a part of the dummy. does this update affect me?

2 Likes

I gotta agree with this man plus the deadline is a week.
Imagine how stressed a creator would be due to this and all they have given you is a week.

4 Likes

What if I have custom playable characters in my game with accessories? Do I need to prompt the player just for spawning with such characters?

3 Likes

I dont know who in roblox is having a competition to drop the absolute worst updates as fast as possible, but great job guys, you did it again. You guys have constantly dropped bad update after bad update, and pretend you guys are “Improving” the site. This is not only going to ruin hundreds of games, but also the shortest notice you guys could possible make. I don’t know which intellectually disabled person at corporate is making these discisions, but they are literally the most out of touch ghouls known to man, a single shine of sunlight will incinerate them to the god damn ground. Please do not even consider implementing this

6 Likes

is that your fursona though???

1 Like

roblox has completely killed everything that made creating games easy, sure, these are to help protect intellectual property but instead of improving moderation against games and reviewing reports that report copyrighted content or content that breaks TOS, they punish ALL of their developers for something that bad actors do.
This is just gonna cause a major annoyance for the games that do add purchase prompts for everything

5 Likes

"Hi everyone,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the recent policy change.
We do not care.

We’ll keep you updated as soon as we have more salt to add to the wound."

there, I translated it for everyone.

5 Likes