Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

someone needs to “accidently” bump david down the roblox headquarters stairs

4 Likes

that’s the spirit! positive nihilism is the way
welcome to the club man :^)

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen a thread ERUPT like this in years.

3 Likes

The fact that this has devolved into a meme thread (and the best I’ve seen in a long while) says a lot about how downright terrible and NOT thought out this update is.

5 Likes

its truly a beautiful sight… like a shooting star or a solar eclipse
enjoy the moment while it lasts
dramatic single tear emoji

3 Likes

it ain’t always about the money spiderman

1 Like

This is a TERRIBLE change. I don’t know which higher-ups at Roblox forced this policy, but this needs to be pushed back against. More games than I can even count would be harmed if this is fully implemented. Forcing a purchase prompt when trying on items also is AWFUL design, and will significantly irritate players of any games that follow that guideline.

3 Likes

both this and the animated faces got memed on because they were shit updates and it seems like theres more meme threads to come

2 Likes

I do not like this change. This makes games specifically meant for avatar changes, like Catalog Avatar Creator, labeled unusable. All UGC items shouldn’t be made limited either, this is terrible as it means there’s a limit on what people can or can not buy.

The fact ANY Roblox user can create items in the future is concerning.
There are already active problems with a closed community UGC program, such as ripping off existing items and stealing IP’s from other brands. I would like for UGC to be available only to those who will be creative and create quality items. The Classic Shirt/Pants catalog is already a wasteland filled with botted clothing and thousands of copies. This will happen to UGC if made public.

4 Likes

Roblox when it comes time to delete Brookhaven because it didn’t prompt enough purchase prompts for the wearable items
breaking-bad-aaron-paul

7 Likes

They’ve got 4 months of this stuff

unless the thread is closed

1 Like

People are making their voices heard. We’re not backing down.
This is the place we love and it’s in rapid decline.
LET’S GO BUILDERANDON!

1 Like

man
what a nice tree.

i love trees

2 Likes

This is absolutely insane, this effects like 90% of games on Roblox and we are only given 1 week to comply with these changes.

1 Like

When will we get an external site that catalogs these awful changes under “serves zero purpose”, “removes legacy items”, or “David’s Insurmountable Greed

3 Likes

If this update is making you feel bad, just consume a Cobalt-60 pizza, and all of your worries will go away.

1 Like

good for you

edit: i’m done with this post lmfao

1 Like

the more shitty roblox updates and decisions that happen the less the playerbase and devs care about the platform, this is primarily why people keep shitposting

good on you though for still posting proper feedback cause its still needed considering how tone deaf roblox is most of the time

1 Like

video credits to @pnmpki please show them some love

4 Likes

EXACTLY I’VE BEEN LISTENING TO IT ON LOOP FOR THE PAST HOUR LOL

bad update, bad!!

1 Like