Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

this episode was genuinely disheartening

3 Likes

Can anyone take a guess to what will happen to flex your account age?

4 Likes

this is why i use unity nowadays

2 Likes

unity is ass now

2 Likes

i seriously have no words on how this update is being implemented in little over a week now.
just wow. this is so absurd

2 Likes

caption

4 Likes

I hope roblox will actually listen to the community feedback about this horrible policy and actually revert it.

2 Likes

i mod baldi lollllllllllllllllllll

1 Like

hes speaking facts though not gonna lie

1 Like

I really donā€™t like this change at all, my experience has character customization menus and Iā€™d have to make major changes to the UI as well as remove tons of the preset clothes to abide by this. This would also destroy tons of classic games that use Roblox items, such as tycoons which typically have catalog gears and accessories in them. In general, this policy update just seems so unnecessary to me. Old items go offsale all the time, how can we reasonably keep up with that? From what I can tell, the vast majority of Roblox experiences have some kind of catalog item in them, especially those with character customization systems, you simply canā€™t expect them to all drop what theyā€™re doing to accommodate this change. Not all of these games even have active teams working on them. In conclusion I think this is ridiculous.

5 Likes

unity now pays for install and tbf has kinda screwed over everyone who uses the engine to actually make games

hey wait doesnā€™t that sound familiar

2 Likes

I would say something about how stupid this update is, but the 40 likes to 1166 comments speaks for itself.

3 Likes

Literally have university exams and assignments for next week
will I survive through this update only time will tell

4 Likes

moving to polytoria

https://polytoria.com

1 Like

yooooo so we all struggling in school this week?
the education system do be like that tho

3 Likes

I am an avid player of ChadTheCreatorā€™s series After the Flash (ATF), and this is just outrageous. Not only does it hurt a couple of the biggest ATF games in the series, but it hurts a number of the biggest games on Roblox, such as Robloxian High School (Last time I checked, they had a feature where you can add accessories for free.)

Have Roblox truly gotten greedy enough theyā€™re willing to take down multiple massive games on their platform, destroying their main appeal, to get more money and such? This is genuinely outrageous.

Scrolling through this comment section, not only are regular people getting extremely angry but scrolling through this page, the entire community is against this changeā€¦ Why are the developers screwing over their community so badly?

I mean this warning with my entire heart, as I do wish the best for this platform. Take this change back, because if you make this decision final multiple major and longlasting hits on the platform will crash and the playerbase will majorly drop. In just some hours, your community has basically rioted on this post to make you rethink, and I really hope you donā€™t willingly torture your playerbase for just some money.

Anyways, I doubt Iā€™ll ever get a reply from this, but. To the rest of you in chat, good luck getting them to revertā€¦

7 Likes

Just an awful update all around, from the hard to read announcement, to what the update actually consists of, every bit of this is just awful.

This update goes against the fundamental principles of what makes Roblox unique from other game platforms to begin with. Really hope that the thinking process on this update gets reassessed.

Soon Roblox will be no different then using Godot or Unity, aside from having an established Avatar Marketplace, which is also currently deteriorating from the inside out.

3 Likes

Can we start a sub-discussion about the current economic housing crisis?

7 Likes

With the amount of backlash this is getting, as well the obvious dislike of this?
Yeah, ROBLOX is doing well in constantly shooting itself on its knee. Itā€™s getting more and more accurate, itā€™ll eventually shoot itself in the head at this point.
Good god, ROBLOX.

8 Likes

THIS IS A GLIMPSE OF A PREVIOUS WORLD, A WORLD WITH ROBLOX FORUMS.
THIS WILL NOT LAST FOREVER, WE ONLY HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO DO ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY. AND THAT IS TO BRING BACK A CLASSIC FORUM GAME.
DRAW YOUR FAVORITE ROBLOX GEAR IN THIRTY SECONDS.

3 Likes