Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

i’ve joined the protest as well!

5 Likes

So is this what are characters are going to look like now? we cant use the default block package because its offsale and we cant use faces because that’s offsale too… GREAT UPDATE ROBLOX

4 Likes

No

Are you out of your mind?!?!?!?!?!??

3 Likes

What do you think the current Roblox employees are doing right now? Like are they laughing right now at how badly this turned out, are they just sitting in silence knowing well this update is chaos

4 Likes

i apologize but this is literally the only time in the history of the internet where misinformation is completely justified and morally correct

2 Likes

Imagine someone makes a UGC protest sign about this update then tons of devs put the sign in their games in protest.

Stupid idea yes but the same could be said about this update so it cancels out.

2 Likes

Can you dm me that game? I wanna join

1 Like

woohoo another pointless update that just shows how moneyhungry roblox is
first of all if we cant wear offsale items or items we dont own then lets say your playing a game with buyable hats and cosmetics
and lets say u dont get to use ur roblox avatar as ur base character
does this mean if i want to wear a buyable ingame only cosmetic i have to buy it on roblox???
why

2 Likes

bro i went to take a shower and the replies jumped from like 750 to 1250

1 Like

another day another bad change

3 Likes

im in this screenshot :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

1 Like

Why dont you love the Party, sorry I mean the Party, sorry I mean ROBLOX

1 Like

YOOO THERES ME!!!

1 Like

Title: The Controversial Roblox Update: Pay-to-Use Avatar Items in Experiences

Introduction

Roblox, the immensely popular online gaming platform, has recently introduced a significant update that has left many of its users in a state of frustration and disappointment. This update, which requires players to pay to use avatar items in experiences, marks a significant departure from the platform’s traditional model of providing a free and accessible environment for its users. In this essay, we will delve into the reasons behind the outcry surrounding this update and explore how it has impacted the Roblox community.

The Evolution of Roblox

Roblox has always prided itself on being a platform where creativity knows no bounds, allowing users to create, share, and play games made by other members of the community. One of its core attractions has been the ability to customize avatars with a wide range of items, all without the need to spend real-world money. This model has been pivotal in attracting a diverse user base, including a significant number of young players who might not have access to disposable income.

The Problem with Pay-to-Use Avatar Items

The recent update that introduces a paywall for avatar items in experiences has sparked outrage among the Roblox community for several reasons:

1. Exclusion of Non-Paying Users: This update effectively segregates the player base into those who can afford to pay for avatar items and those who cannot. Such a division goes against the inclusive spirit of Roblox and can alienate younger players or those with limited resources.
  2. Impact on Creativity: Roblox has thrived because of its diverse and creative user-generated content. By imposing financial restrictions on avatar customization in experiences, the update stifles creativity, making it harder for users to express themselves through their avatars.
  3. Decreased User Engagement: Many players have reported a decrease in their overall enjoyment of Roblox due to the pay-to-use avatar items. The platform has traditionally thrived on user engagement, and this update threatens to drive away a portion of its player base.
  4. Language and Communication Barriers: The update’s rollout has led to communication issues among players, particularly those who communicate primarily in languages other than English. Language barriers can exacerbate confusion and dissatisfaction among affected users, creating a sense of exclusion.

Impact on the Chinese Roblox Community

The Chinese Roblox community, which has been steadily growing over the years, is not immune to the issues caused by this update. In China, where online gaming regulations are stricter, Roblox had already faced challenges in terms of censorship and monetization. The pay-to-use avatar items update further complicates the situation for Chinese users.

对中国的Roblox社区来说,这次更新带来了诸多问题。在中国,由于在线游戏监管较为严格,Roblox在审查和变现方面已经面临了诸多挑战。而付费使用头像物品的更新进一步复杂化了中国用户的情况。

1. Monetization Challenges: Chinese users have already encountered hurdles when it comes to in-game purchases due to local regulations. The pay-to-use avatar items update makes it even more challenging for Chinese players to access certain features, potentially discouraging them from continuing to use the platform.
  2. Language and Cultural Barriers: The language and cultural differences between China and the rest of the Roblox community can lead to misunderstandings and confusion about the update’s implications, exacerbating the frustration among Chinese users.

Conclusion

The recent Roblox update that introduces a paywall for avatar items in experiences has sparked significant controversy within the global Roblox community, as well as within the growing Chinese user base. This update goes against the platform’s tradition of accessibility, creativity, and inclusivity, and has the potential to harm both user engagement and the overall user experience. While it is essential for any platform to evolve and adapt, it should always consider the needs and concerns of its diverse user base, ensuring that changes enhance, rather than hinder, the experience for all. In light of the uproar caused by this update, Roblox should reevaluate its approach and strive to strike a balance between monetization and user satisfaction.

11 Likes

Watch this happen because of this update, wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

NUH UH! Absolutely not. This update will kill 50% of roblox games that use there 2D faces and also clothing, We need to stop this update now before this update kills our lovely experiences/games!

#SaveOurGames

4 Likes

Why are we punishing developers for something that we have been allowed to do since the dawn of roblox?

I feel like this should be pinned more-so on UGC creators themselves - a simple addition to their terms of creation that states that any and all items created are items for free use in the roblox community. I find this update absolutely absurd since now any games with wearable UGC have to either implement free advertisement to the UGC item, or get rid of it all together - within 1 weeks notice no less.

I feel bad for games that are impacted by this change, overall, thumbs down on this one, Roblox.

5 Likes

where is it??
i can’t find the place can someone send a link

3 Likes

Subspace Tripmine

7 Likes

I cant believe you dont support the great changes to Roblox implemented by great leader Xi Jingping.
Glory to the Party!

2 Likes