LOOK GARY THERE I AM!!!

1 Like

go work on am4dialog plz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :d

1 Like

the council

3 Likes

we live in a dystopia but not the cool kind

3 Likes

Oh, yeah, Iā€™ve finished reading the thread. How bloody classic that Roblox chooses the worst possible features to enforce a strict policy with no wiggle room with a timeline that is heavily punishing and impactful to developers while trying to overturn a years-standing culture of the platform.

Yes, I understand and fully respect the desire to protect IP, but this is such a dull way to go about it. Thereā€™s a reason every avatar update has received pushback - thereā€™s absolutely no compromise regarding what made Roblox into the platform it is today.

Iā€™ve done as much as I could to use clearly permissible assets (asked permission or permission is implicitly given by the creator as apparent on the itemā€™s details). I specifically have an avatar customisation system of my own to weed out how bad the UGC accessory catalogā€™s gotten. Nope, looks like I canā€™t have that either.

Time to reach into the dregs of my wallet for capital I donā€™t have to commission a massive team of clothing designers and modelers for exclusive items I guess.

8 Likes

I love this community.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s What the Kids Call, Epic Fail.

New Update looks FIRE!

FEATURING: NEW AVATAR TYPE (THE R6 and R15 MESHES ARE OFFSALE AND CANNOT BE USED!)
ALSO: REWORKED UI WITH BETTER READABILITY (YOUā€™LL NEVER ESCAPE THE PROMPTS)

12 Likes

Everyone has access to r6 and r15 lol

2 Likes

This is mindbogglingly out of touch, like what can I even say? This destroys many games and absolutely tarnishes user experience. And what warrants the banning of off sale items even if the player owns it? If you want developers and players to leave your platform en mass, this is the way to do it. I already cancelled premium a while ago due to bad updates, and this has it set in stone that I will never subscribe to it again in the future. Nearly 15 years of being on this platform is sadly coming to a close.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s many things that I could say about this update but the DevFourm rules potentially prevent me from saying them. So instead, Iā€™ll say this.

Roblox, oh how the mighty have fallen. This is one of the worst updates to ever release from your company. I canā€™t wait for the greenlegocats video on this topic!

1 Like

it keeps growing.

6 Likes

Down with the protest.

2 Likes

glad to be here man. glad to be here

2 Likes

Wait a second. My new, trend-following game, Skibidi Toilet Infection (Probably wonā€™t be up for long), uses UGC-created items for players. Iā€™m not doing this. No. Iā€™m not going to prompt my players to purchase 10+ accessories at once. No.

3 Likes

Oh holy lord, no. @Roblox fix this NOW.

5 Likes

No thanks i donā€™t think i will :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

You my sirā€¦ have won it all! Take this Reddit Gold!

2 Likes

where to join i wish to join le protest

3 Likes

as much as I hate this update I will always hate greenlegocats more

3 Likes

plot twist: the investors just wanted to see some robloxdev memes

5 Likes