Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

Will the mods just delete the post because I don’t think they’ll want to moderate all the nonsense lol

6 Likes

Ah yes, Roblox doing something stupid and pointless although the platform has great potential. Been happening since 2006.

2 Likes

They’re going to get each and every one of us. I can feel it. (Paranoid Schizophrenia)

3 Likes

This sort of insane sweeping policy change is something you’d expect would at the very least go along with a through list of FAQs and very specific outlines for what can and can be done. Instead, developers are left with like 4 vaguely answered questions and a week to determine if we are breaking this rule (alongside a plethora of questions).

2 Likes

the comments will be closed for sure, its only a matter of time at this point

1 Like

no! this cant be! old roblox was better! trust me!

1 Like

God help all of us, for we will be moderated. Will they really do that to people simply trying to keep the platform alive? I really hope not…

2 Likes

Let’s hope this is all just a dream and lets wake up tomorrow with no memory of any of this

4 Likes

Its just a shame that this announcement even happened in the first place. Not allowing users to use Roblox items is probably the worst change I’ve ever seen especially since majority of Roblox games including front page games use Roblox items as a part of their experience.

7 Likes

Why, just why, why does this need to exist.

2 Likes

Normally I support Roblox’s move to a more innovative and unique experience, but in this case. What the what the. This is absolutely insane. This is a terrible move and now I’m questioning whether or not I should continue working on this platform.

3 Likes

Roblox try to go one week without making a horrible update no one asked for (impossible)

1 Like

Good update. Don’t see the big deal.

2 Likes

they’ll either;
mass delete comments
or:
restrict people from talking (as @SafeRemain said)

2 Likes

Your giving us a week for like almost half the entire Roblox community to change up their coding system and or replace assets of a game due to intellectual property. Or unless we add a buy prompt for using the item?
No thank you. This kind of ruleset change is as vague as ever and your giving half the community roughly a week to do something. Do better. Most assets that most people would use are either already in the toolbox or are mundane as a bandana asset. Either you lock away asset usage like you did with with music (Which hasn’t even been released to be used in public yet) Or not punish people using those said assets and give them a fair warning instead of taking a game down.

Or just ignore community outcry I guess.

2 Likes

show me a money spread rn lil bro

1 Like

nah nah he makes a valid point.

1 Like

majority of these memes are Ass dude

6 Likes

This literally denounces everything ROBLOX has said in the past about usage of items & content in games (yes, I know it’s a new policy, but still). Not to mention the number of games that will be hurt detrimentally from this new policy.

To name a couple:
RetroStudio

• Uses a LARGE amount of ROBLOX content for its Avatar Editor.

Catalog Heaven

• Uses an ABSURD amount of ROBLOX content offered to the Marketplace.

These games heavily rely on and use ROBLOX assets on-sale or off-sale.
We may get “tools” to help us, but at this point there is no consideration for developers with this newly releasing policy, really only consideration for our UGC Creators (which I am not saying one is important than the other). IPs are important but this is no way to handle the Intellectual Property situation.

6 Likes

Boy. Did u just say good update.

1 Like