Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

pretty much a sign you’ve messed up tbh

4 Likes

yes

1 Like

sic semper tyrannis or something like that idk

1 Like

Talk about this update man.
Anyways I have been staring at this policy change for over 2 hours now.

2 Likes

I hope that they make the realization this is terrible before its too late. I have no idea how anyone doesnt understand how bad of an update this is

2 Likes

this is the worst bait ive seen in a while
like this is god awful rookie level trolling
do better.

4 Likes

speaking of memes, has anyone gotten their posts nuked or are the forum mods taking a night off

1 Like

the genuine discussion is long gone

2 Likes

nah not at all bro the mods are enjoying this I bet

3 Likes

“We need to protect IP when Roblox expands UGC”

Ah yeah that’s easy, just private all the new items created and devs won’t get a headache!

“Nope, we’re privating every item made in the last fifteen years and you have one week to deal with it.”

Come on guys. You failed us with the audio update, and you’re failing us again.

6 Likes

It was funnier to act like i fell for it ngl

1 Like

Hey Roblox, I have a verified badge because I made your platform have lots of money and you should listen to me to continue making more money.

4 Likes

Another classic trash update by ROBLOX. they seriously need a medal for how many trash updates they made.

3 Likes

Looks like there are a lot of people posting memes and junk but I don’t think these people really understand what’s going on here. Nearly all Roblox games will now be subject to becoming living advertisements, and it’s the marketplace that brings Roblox games to life. Doing this will literally cripple Roblox as a whole and also as a company. This does not work out for anybody, and there are changes being made that literally do NOT need to be changed. Please heavily reconsider this Roblox.

Disappointment of a platform and a company. You all sat down, had a business meeting with suits on, and thought this was a good idea.
Please do better, Roblox. We’re your foundation and you’re returning the favor by shooting everyone in the feet.

7 Likes

Welcome to /t/ random on the Roblox Devforum

1 Like

thats what they typically do when they see proof of allegations of pedophiles

2 Likes

I think they simply just cant keep up with them.

2 Likes

This is yet another time that devs were given last minute notice for changes that have been planned well in advance. I imagine the next time will be when building assets in the marketplace are going to be given the same treatment.

I think the time for real transparency is well overdue. This short-notice method of implementing changes does nothing except set devs up to fail before the artificially truncated deadline.

I don’t think its a conspiracy theory anymore or an exaggeration to say that the actual purpose of these changes is to purge the platform of “hobbyists” (as Roblox referred to them in one of the quarterly reports) and their games to eliminate the competition to make way for the brand/entertainment/influencer/professional developers when the platform transitions to full service.

You’ve been transparent enough about all of this with your investors. Do the same for the devs.

9 Likes

I can’t wait for like 90% of the entire playerbase to fall into violation because their game had like 1 Roblox-Created accessory

3 Likes

“Powering Imagination”, this is quite the opposite ain’t it?

2 Likes