Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

advertisements will soon be directly streamed into our nervous system

2 Likes

we should all just not update our games, they cant delete them all, can they?

1 Like

Fun fact: the default place contains the Speed Coil and Gravity Coil, among others. This means that it’s in violation of these rules

2 Likes

Don’t underestimate the power of the metaverse to implode itself

1 Like

I’m kinda mixed on this update. Overall I really don’t like it. I can understand requiring the introduction of a prompt to purchase avatar items in your game. However, preventing items that aren’t possible to purchase from being used in games is just completely unnecessary imo. It’ll only hurt games like Catalog Avatar Creator and predecessors to it like Catalog Heaven. If that rule only applies to UGC items then it wouldn’t be as bad. However, if it applies to all off sale items then I only see that ending badly. I still think Roblox made items should be completely exempt from this rule.

1 Like

imagine your game being deleted because of a spring.

2 Likes

not without further destroying the company. But I think they’ve already hit rock bottom

1 Like

Fr, they just killed my imagination.

2 Likes

You need to undo this change immediately. You are going to boot off 90% of games, and practically ruin the developer experience

3 Likes

I have zero plans to make time to adhere to this policy within one week. I have obligations.

To give us the bare minimum notice of one week is disrespectful, and I will be reciprocating their energy by doing the bare minimum in return. If I am terminated after 15 years on the platform, well, thanks for all the fish.

9 Likes

I have a few questions:

1. How exactly does this help UGC creators?
  2. If games using an asset in-game is infringement, isn’t Roblox infringing by taxing 30% of the sale?
  3. The 1 week warning to developers is shameful. Does Roblox appreciate their developers at all?
  4. Does Roblox really care about “respecting the community” or are they just pushing a corporate agenda?

Anyone who knows anything about Roblox can easily see that this is a terrible update. Players will hate it, developers will hate it, and most UGC creators probably don’t care or don’t see it as much of an issue.

Roblox can’t even handle copyright with Audio. Why should developers trust Roblox to make a change that makes them have to handle copyright and moderation and enforcement of every marketplace item on the website?

5 Likes

new update to the starter place!

now including:

• mere nothingness
  • the void
  • more void

we hope the /r/oblox community enjoys this!

2 Likes

Same here. 14 years and a verified badge. It’s the endless cycle of Roblox saying stupid stuff but somehow we’re still here.

1 Like

Civilized defiance rather than simply JUST crying about ‘OH NO MUH ONE WEEK’, or just posting memes (like me). Bravo.

1 Like

-- i think these replies are actually solid proof that y’all deserve every bad update that comes your way

3 Likes

CASTLE PERIOD IS GONNA BE DEAD NOW. A WHOLE ADVENTURE GAME TO SHREDS NOW BECAUSE OF THIS. IM NOT MAKING DEVON LOOK LIKE AN N64 CHARACTER! THANKS ALOT, ROBLOX!!

do you love this?
  • I LOVE THIS UPDATE
  • no
  • this update is garbage. my games are gonna die because of this.

0 voters

1 Like

they banned majority of the people typing… sad day for robloxia

2 Likes

Gear and UGC support in games died for this :pensive:

1 Like

Everyone else is posting random stuff so I’ll join and say:

1. Make sure to drink water
  2. Eat some good food
  3. If you are sad, have you considered trying being happy?
  4. Smile
  5. Remember that at least we aren’t suffering what Unity devs are suffering with
  6. Go outside (when it isn’t night time) and touch some grass
  7. Just breathe air
  8. LinkedSword, while one version of it is a limited, another is also a tool in the Toolbox, so it is therefore not included
  9. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
  10. Anyone mind lending me a dominus for the week?
8 Likes

It keeps making me automatically reply to you pos0

2 Likes