Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

This policy update will be detrimental to developers and their experiences, and after reading this announcement it has personally discouraged me from continuing development on the multitude of projects I’ve been working on. When I was informed of this update by a friend, I legitimately thought they were pulling a prank on me.

I know many of us in the community believe the wording of the original post is somewhat confusing, and there are definitely some major changes that need to be made to give us creators a bit more leniency. In regards to the one-week notice, I do not believe that is nearly enough time to allow developers to make the necessary changes to their experiences to comply with this update.

I hope the team at ROBLOX can take the community’s opinions into consideration on this one, there are a lot of vital changes we would all like to see before this update is forced upon us creators.

6 Likes

“We didn’t start the fire; it’s been burning since the world’s been turning.”

3 Likes

i think blud loves this stupid update

1 Like

why bother putting actual effort into a post when no sane roblox employee would dare scroll this far

3 Likes

Letting people try out UGCs in game is letting players give money to the UGC creators and most importantly, Roblox! See roblox, that how you make your money. You can have all our money you want if you revert this new rule.

2 Likes

spongebob boowomp sound effect

1 Like

I am disappointed, I literally have an entire game that uses gears as the gimmick of it all. And now I got to prompt someone to buy every item they equip or else I lose my entire game? THIS. IS. STUPID.

2 Likes

glad i bought battlebit. only 15$ and definitely worth more

2 Likes

How long do we think it will be before people start showing up to the HQ with pitchforks

1 Like

they’ll be forced to push back on this one literally no one wants it. not even a single soul. im pretty sure roblox has been pushed back before

3 Likes

we didnt start the fire, it was always burning since roblox’s been updating

4 Likes

Roblox on the way to destroy smalls games for using a gear :man_running::man_running::man_running::man_running::man_running:

4 Likes

i still cant believe that people be doin ratios in devforum

3 Likes

Very much so. Guest Capone made that very clear.

2 Likes

I think this update would be a lot better off if they changed the requirement from a prompt to buy an avatar item to a requirement of a buy button. Also to remove the unnecessary requirement of making unavailable items impossible to use in games. I just hope that 2nd rule doesn’t apply to Roblox made items. Knowing them it probably will sadly.

3 Likes

theres no way they’re gonna be able to filter all of the games using gears thoug

2 Likes

yeah, ALOT of games use gears, and i mean ALOT.

How will this impact the trout population?

2 Likes

i realized, what about the obbys? dont literally every one of them use coils?

2 Likes

Best way forward is to roll back this dreadful update and never speak of it again. It takes away a lot from Roblox and ruins what made Roblox such a great place to develop on.

2 Likes

How will this update impact the Bass population?

1 Like