Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

I have been trying to type for a little bit, I am dumbfounded at this. This is one of the dumbest Roblox updates ever. Roblox doesn’t even care about any of their community, and they probably won’t step down from this.
Funny coincidence that Roblox did this at the same time Unity did something very similar.

Good luck on making a game unless you know how to model and texture stuff. You’re gonna have to replace the faces, the hats, the guns, every single thing, or else Roblox is going to ban you for using hats posted onto their official catalogue.

Me and @coolmapj have a PvPvE game and it relies off of UGC assets (e.g. vests, helmets, armor, bags, backpacks, etc.) and we will now have to make our own hats to have our game still have recognizable characters to shoot at and not get terminated.

This also means I will have to go into games with my avatar in it and make my avatar look like crap and rip my face off, and take everything off and all that will be left is just my shirt and pants.

Great job Roblox, great job. Please step down from this, this is unfair to smaller creators who can’t model themselves and rely on UGC assets to create their own games.

3 Likes

Not every obby, but plenty of them do have it, and as a separate gamepass. So, uhhhh, they’d be in violation. Maybe even double violation for selling a separate gamepass to use the coils.

2 Likes

and free models?

30 WORD LIMIT!!!

2 Likes

This is so terrible because 90% of my games use Roblox’s assets from the marketplace. Now I am going to have to private every single game from my profile or remove the assets one by one.

1 Like

They are talking about locking this thread, cut it with the off topic memes. This is your only warning
I have proof in guilded feedback program.

4 Likes

1.7k replies, roblox got flamed :sob:

2 Likes

its basically the main thing that sells them in revenue. we are all doomes

1 Like

Wait, hold on, how do you know that?

1 Like

I spent 9 months on a old roblox simulator that has lots of old roblox faces and items. Is my game gonna be banned.

1 Like

honestly, like 10 people replying by the second

2 Likes

this is crashing my computer please stop

2 Likes

no cuz they wont be able to moderate all of the games with gears

2 Likes

If only the Guilded Feedback Program would have asked for feedback BEFORE making the policy update…

Wouldn’t matter anyway, they still haven’t invited me >:(

5 Likes

Unacceptable. Stop pretending that this update is for the Roblox community. This update is for the Roblox company.

This update disincentivizes game sales of UGC, and consolidates the UGC marketplace into the Roblox Catalog. A place where Roblox gets a significantly larger cut.

As a UGC creator, I have set many of my items’ Sale Location to Marketplace and All Experiences which means that I consent to my items being used in other games. I want game developers to use my items in new and creative ways.

Tooling is stated to come at a later date. Tooling needs to come with the update, not after. As a game developer, having to appeal a ban and warning every time someone reports is egregiously awful.

This update negatively impacts games and UGC creators. Roblox is, as always, acting in its best corporate interest and not ours. The company does not care.

The above is solely my personal opinion and should not be construed as factual or expert advice.

12 Likes

so much hate that they gotta lock it down lmao

4 Likes

yk its bad when unity is looking good by comparison :tongue::biting_lip:

4 Likes

Keep them on topic and in forum guidelines and maybe they wont. They are allow you to speak your mind here, the off topic crap is the problem, and is blocking the real comments that matter.

3 Likes

Regarding this entire mess of an policy update, I can quite tell you that the majority of the people creating these updates are listening to theirselves from a mirror perspective or quite literally ask for any higher ups opinion instead of using the critical thinking to ponder how the community will be affected by the changes and result into regarding how their community will feel. But again, this happens 24/7.

2 Likes

Our game may very well end up scrapped as a result :frowning_face:
The very essence and strategy of the game is about recognizing the enemy and appreciating the aesthetic, all of which has now been interrupted and must be removed.

One day, our game was perfect and compliant with Roblox TOS, now our game must be taken down. We have done nothing wrong, and now we, the developers, must pay the price for Roblox’s mistakes.

This is really unfortunate. Everything we’ve worked towards is now… gone. Our game is screwed.

5 Likes

Who thought this was a good idea?

2 Likes